The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 18th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #1
Thomasj

Default Help Borderlands @ Gamestop

I know most of us are all excited about Borderlands because it will be a great game to play. It won best game at PAX 09 beating out all the competition including ODST, Dragon Age and Left 4 Dead 2. It even beat out Diablo 3!

Sadly, Gamestop refuses to give Borderlands any recognition of this game. If anyone saw my off topic post you will understand the reason why I am making another post here.

1. Gamestop is putting all the preview Borderlands boxes where customers can't see the box. It actually took me 15 minutes to find it and when I did it was on the bottom shelf next to the small PC section Gamestop has. They did not even put the Xbox 360 or PS3 preview boxes in the "Coming Soon " areas on the shelves where sually most upcoming games go.

2. Gamestop is not even putting Borderlands on their website for marketing purposes. I called Gamestop to complain and I pretty much asked them if they was selling Borderlands because I did not see it on their site. At first she had no idea what game I was talking about then she says " Oh Borderlands by Gearbox Software". I said " yes and I do not see it on your site because I want to preorder it (Already preordered but I wanted to see what they said) She says, well you can always do a search for it and yes we are taking preorders. I said, for a game that won best game at PAX 09 you would think Gamestop would be promoting it. She says , well maybe we will do more marketing on the game when it gets closer to launch. So I am thinking, you haven't even done any marketing on the game at all. So pretty much Gamestop is giving the old /faceplam to Borderlands.

I know all Gamestops aren't bad but Borderlands should not be left out in the cold. So this is what I propose everyone to do. Go to the Gamestop website and call their customer service number and complain why they are not advertising Borderlands and tell them how great it did at PAX and the rest of the shows this year. The next time you go to a Gamestop and do not see the preview boxes of Borderlands in the PS3 or Xbox 360 sections you complain and call customer service to let them know.

The customer service number is an 800 number so you will not be charged for it and it only takes 5 minutes of your time to do this. So help Borderlands @ Gamestop get the recognition it deserves.
Thomasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #2
GenTrigger
Freelance Illustrator

Default Re: Help Borderlands @ Gamestop

Too bad I hate customer service, even though this is pretty much messing with them I still can't stand them enough to even do that.

I decided to ninja the display box at my local gamestop to the top shelf, right betwixt TWO call of duty cases though, so minor victory there.

How about a forceful e-mail?
GenTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 12:58 PM   #3
Thomasj

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTrigger View Post
Too bad I hate customer service, even though this is pretty much messing with them I still can't stand them enough to even do that.

I decided to ninja the display box at my local gamestop to the top shelf, right betwixt TWO call of duty cases though, so minor victory there.

How about a forceful e-mail?
An email works too! I'm pretty sure they have one.
Thomasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:10 PM   #4
BrentG
TRAPPIN' THE CLAP

My Gamestop has a huge poster on the glass game cabinet, and they have it in the pre-order coming soon section near the front of the shop.
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:12 PM   #5
Mad Max
The Road Warrior!!!

A phone call represents about 10-20 people, Write a letter to them, one letter represents about 500 people. I have found it to be much more effective.

When all that is left is one last chance, pray that we are still out there. We Will Come!!!

The Road Warriors.

Borderlands Addict
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:14 PM   #6
GrayHood
Healers aren't needed FTL

At my gamestop they have the poster right on the main shelves behind the counter were everyone sees it. probably just your gamestop

credit for sig = oroboro
GrayHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #7
JoeKnowMo
Itchy Trigga Finga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
A phone call represents about 10-20 people, Write a letter to them, one letter represents about 500 people. I have found it to be much more effective.
You're talking about a snail mail letter? Been ages since I wrote one of those.
JoeKnowMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #8
SpazROK
Knoxx'd Up

I think it's an advertising problem. A company usually has to pay a retailer like Gamestop to whore out their game. While it can be the manager's choice to display certain games, all of the "top dogs" have probably already claimed their space. Hell, every GS employee at the store by me was wearing an ODST shirt when I went in to preorder Borderlands.

This is a new IP, you gotta understand that. Even though it's being produced by a reputable company like 2K, there are so many already-established sequels that are pretty much guaranteed to sell well that those games are the only ones that are getting advertised.

It sucks, I know, but that's how the world works unfortunately.
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #9
Crackseed
Almos Pau, Try Wait!

Word of mouth will sell this game better then any set of cheesy posters and "advertising" space in the end

~ Don't drink and park - accidents cause people ~
Crackseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #10
GrayHood
Healers aren't needed FTL

The guys at my gamestop are hyped about this game, once I told them how much fun I had playing they started bombarding me with questions. I think this game will do well off of word of mouth

credit for sig = oroboro
GrayHood is offline   Reply With Quote