The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:08 PM   #1
ryry8380

Default Borderlands (PC) controller enabled?

Im just wondering if the PC version is controller enabled (PS3 or XBOX) because sometimes I get bored of the keyboard and mouse. WHY DOES IT COME OUT LATER FOR PC DAMMIT?!?! you make me wait longer!! lol its gonna be a awesome game thanks gearbox your the best!!!
ryry8380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Mr. Maims
The Gentleman Canibal

Default Re: Borderlands (PC) controller enabled?

If you were to look but a few threads below, you'll find that this conversation is already in existence. As for the delay, I can only assume it's because the employees of both 2K and Gearbox hate us on a deep, personal level.
Mr. Maims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:27 AM   #3
thet3mpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maims View Post
If you were to look but a few threads below, you'll find that this conversation is already in existence. As for the delay, I can only assume it's because the employees of both 2K and Gearbox hate us on a deep, personal level.
What gaming companies might want to consider is to focus on adding keyboard/mouse control support to their consoles. If you can plug an Xbox360 controller into a "PC," why couldn't you do the reverse?

Many, including myself would jump over to consoles if that were the case...

I think if they added that support, it would probably end much of the crisis and strain of having to port to multiple systems within a deadline crunch.

Just my $.02...
thet3mpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:18 PM   #4
mechanicalbull

I have been using the 360 controller in borderlands, but I have to plug it in after the game starts, otherwise I get an error. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
mechanicalbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:36 PM   #5
Seizure

Why would they add mouse/keyboard support to a console? That defeats the point of a console. Besides, everybody else who will continue to use a controller, because that's what they were used to, will be at a disadvantage. I'm sure you realize it's much easier and quicker to aim with a mouse then a joy-stick.

Having said that, I use my Xbox360 controller for the PC version, and I love it. But that's a disadvantage, and since I accept that disadvantage willingly, whatever. Giving people an advantage is quite different.
Seizure is offline   Reply With Quote