The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands > Borderlands General Discussion

Old October 24th, 2009, 02:27 AM   #1
ogopogo

Default Borderlands Save Editor and PC release

So, aside from duping and scores of glitches, I think most of us have seen the youtube clip of someone editing their save file to make uber characters on xbox 360 as well. Now my question are whether the multiplayer characters dataon PC will be stored locally or on a remote server? If the PC version were to follow xbox 360, then people would have access to their save file with a simple click; I can't imagine how rampant cheaters are going to be as soon as the PC version hit the shelf. Actually...I think I just don't want to imagine it. I hope to see GBX take action against cheaters on Live and clarify how they're going to deal with the problem once PC version is out.
ogopogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 02:33 AM   #2
hobokent

Default Re: Borderlands Save Editor and PC release

Locally stored
hobokent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:34 AM   #3
viperfx

wtf...... please link to this youtube vid. I havent been seeing any glitches either.

Also.... omg i cant belive they store stuff like that locally, and im sure if they did it, they would do wht cod did, and try to encrypt.
viperfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:36 AM   #4
gabriel
human nature obvserver

Well its not an MMO so it doesnt really matter, i mean a level 50 can play with level 1 so just make your game private if you're afraid a cheater might drop by but it doesnt bother me, if people want to cheat and pump up their character they should be allowed to do it but they'll miss the point of the game
gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:36 AM   #5
Nova MK X
The Metal Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperfx View Post
wtf...... please link to this youtube vid. I havent been seeing any glitches either.

Also.... omg i cant belive they store stuff like that locally, and im sure if they did it, they would do wht cod did, and try to encrypt.
Encryptions can be broken....
Old October 24th, 2009, 07:00 AM   #6
ogopogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
Well its not an MMO so it doesnt really matter, i mean a level 50 can play with level 1 so just make your game private if you're afraid a cheater might drop by but it doesnt bother me, if people want to cheat and pump up their character they should be allowed to do it but they'll miss the point of the game
Uh huh, go tell that to people on the Diablo 3 forum let's see how they react to that comment...
ogopogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:27 AM   #7
Dracusis

Go tell people on the Diablo 3 forum that there's no Hardcore mode and that they can respec at any point throughout the game and see how they like it.
Dracusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #8
akagekenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracusis View Post
Go tell people on the Diablo 3 forum that there's no Hardcore mode and that they can respec at any point throughout the game and see how they like it.
Lol.
They won't even get that far. They'll see there's no gem slots in weapons or horadric cube and throw their computer out the window.
akagekenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #9
Armisael191
banned

It's not an MMO, who cares if your characters are locally stored?
Armisael191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #10
Zkythen

If you open your save file with Notepad or the like you'll find that your completed quests, inventory, and skills are all written there in code. It's pretty easy to understand if you take the time to scan through it carefully. I haven't messed with it yet, but I'll get back to you guys when I do if someone doesn't beat me to it. I'm sure I can just play with the numbers and make my weapons different, or even edit my skills/completed quests.
Zkythen is offline   Reply With Quote