The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands > GearChat

Old November 4th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #1
azrael1911

Default Hex Editing to create... THE ULTIMATE WEAPON

so i've been messing around with a hex editor on some of my saved weapon a bit, and i've realized that it's quite possible to create the ULTIMATE WEAPON provided you only use the best parts for a gun.

for example, i took a level 22 purple swift law and modded it...

(oh yeah, and the parts and naming of a pistol actually determine it's effects)

i replace the law modifier with justice for higher damage
i replaced the barrel with a class 2 barrel stolen from a dark orange level 43 revolver for increased accuracy

i stole the quick-reload effect off a swift law of a electric pistol, and a 2.7x zoom scope off that same pistol.

i stole the electric effects off a atlas pistol (x4) and stole the "may god have mercy on my enemies" effect off the Patton pistol for ammo regen.

stole the 7 bullet clip off a dahl

ultimately the pistol came out looking like this...

Purple lev22: DX1500 Swift Justice
540 dmg (the electric effect seems to actually lower damage, prob for balance)
95.8 accuracy
1.9 fire rate

"May god have mercy on my enemies... because i won't" (ammo regen)
+33% fire rate
2.7x zoom
higher elemental effect
has chance of electrocuting enemies (4x)
+60% damage
+54% reload speed
+15% ammo (7 bullets)

(yes, 5 million pistol)

odd thing was, the level and rarity stayed constant at level 22 even though this pistol would be the match of any level 50 dark orange with it's massive damage, high ROF and 4x elemental effect and zoom.

*add some pics later*
azrael1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #2
Compass

Default Re: Hex Editing to create... THE ULTIMATE WEAPON

I'd be more impressed if the pistol had a Very High Chance of Elemental Damage. Or 100% chance of damage
Compass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #3
azrael1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass View Post
I'd be more impressed if the pistol had a Very High Chance of Elemental Damage. Or 100% chance of damage
are you retarded?
4x is pretty damn high, the text descriptions are generated BY the effects just because i didn't put it down doesn't mean it's not there.

and what do you mean 100% chance of damage?
what could that possibly mean?

and do i have to repeat myself (for you seem to be quite deaf) you can only use pre-created parts, you can't just start randomly making up parts.
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Mr MMMM

I may be remembering incorrectly but I'm pretty sure I found a revolver with around 600 dmg adn x4 corrosive. Only 3-bullet clip though.

Are you claiming your gun is the best possible revolver, or just a really really good one?
Mr MMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:32 PM   #5
Compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael1911 View Post
are you retarded?
4x is pretty damn high, the text descriptions are generated BY the effects just because i didn't put it down doesn't mean it's not there.

and do i have to repeat myself (for you seem to be quite deaf) you can only use pre-created parts, you can't just start randomly making up parts.
You know that x4 is a damage multiplier, and not a probability multiplier, right?

See that Red Text, "Give Sick?"

That gives this gun a 100% chance to cause corrosive damage. Every shot I fire will do x4 Corrosive damage. Guns that have statements such as:

"High Elemental Effect Chance"
"Higher Elemental Effect Chance"

and

"Very High Elemental Effect Chance"

have a higher chance of getting their elemental techs triggered. However, they are rarely 100% effective unless there is red text. Only a precious few guns have 100% elemental tech damage. Off the top of my head, examples are the Volcano, the Hellfire, the Anaconda, the Orion, and certain quest items,

You could have an 100 damage x2000 Corrosive gun, and it'd be pretty shoddy if it never triggered corrosive damage because the chance of Elemental Effect was 0.01%

Last edited by Compass; November 4th, 2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:32 PM   #6
TheRabidDeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael1911 View Post
are you retarded?

4x is the amount of elemental damage it can do
the chance is how often it is applied and is stated as text in the weapon textbox (chance/high chance/very high chance).
TheRabidDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #7
Dan3345
PLayin with scooters mom

He's claiming its a really good one. And for lvl 22 that revolver is GODLY. PLus he made it so thats cool
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #8
Lmaoboat

You should be more creative. Make a CR with 10x20 damage and an attack speed of 10, but shutgun accuracy.

Or a .3 attack speed shotgun with the "Holy crap, it shoots rockets!" effect, and the "rocket" doesn't explode, but does 4000 damage.

Or a "laser rifle" using the Eridian Lighting effect, but using CR ammo.
Lmaoboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #9
Compass

Pffft, I'd prefer an SMG that had "Beware of the Horde" with "The Ultimate Close Quarters Feline."
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #10
azrael1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass View Post
You know that x4 is a damage multiplier, and not a probability multiplier, right?

See that Red Text, "Give Sick?"

That gives this gun a 100% chance to cause corrosive damage. Every shot I fire will do x4 Corrosive damage. Guns that have statements such as:

"High Elemental Effect Chance"
"Higher Elemental Effect Chance"

and

"Very High Elemental Effect Chance"

have a higher chance of getting their elemental techs triggered. However, they are rarely 100% effective unless there is red text. Only a precious few guns have 100% elemental tech damage. Off the top of my head, examples are the Volcano, the Hellfire, the Anaconda, the Orion, and certain quest items,

You could have an 100 damage x2000 Corrosive gun, and it'd be pretty shoddy if it never triggered corrosive damage because the chance of Elemental Effect was 0.01%
ah i see, i didn't know that.

i'll just go ahead and buy a 4x corrosive weapon and apply the sick effect to the same gun then.

i'll have to either replace the justice modifier (damage, accuracy) or the swift (1.9 fire rate) or else i won't have enough slots on the pistol.

but i can probably compensate by replacing the level 3 body with a level 5 and adding a melee blade.