The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #1
ryanayr

Default Loading Screen Freeze

I bought borderlands off of steam and besides the issue listed below the game has ran smoothly with no errors. My computer exceeds the minimum requirements so I can not think of why I am receiving this error.

Roughly half the time I attempt to go through a loading screen (whether its from starting the game or entering a new area) the screen freezes and task manager says that Borderlands is not responding or I get blue screened. This rarely happens when loading smaller areas like Arid Hills, but when I attempt to load a larger area such as the Arid Badlands it tends to crash. Up until I have fixed this by restarting my computer, which normally resolves the issue. However, now that I am attempting to load Dahl Headlands this is not helping. Every time I try to enter Dahl Headlands I am either blue screened or the game freezes then crashes at the loading screen. I imagine this is probably a problem with my computer rather than the game, but if anyone can think of any ways to fix this it would help immensely.

Thanks for your time
ryanayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:59 PM   #2
ryanayr

Default Re: Loading Screen Freeze

Anyone else have a similar problem or any suggestions to help with it?
ryanayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:05 AM   #3
Pavapizza

i'm having the same prob.. i can't enter sledge's safehouse... everytime i try to enter, the loading never ends, and if i go to task manager, i can see that borderlands is not responding but is hogging up the cpu (the numbers reads about 90 - 100) help, i'm so frustrated, it's already 3 days...
Pavapizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #4
OMeN

Same prob here, it's very frustrating! I want to get into the Dahl Headlands but nooo!

Plz help.
OMeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #5
bhavik15

Happening to me as well.
It seems that I am able to play once, and then if I quit, I can't play again. It gets stuck at the loading screen after choosing my character.

EDIT: Oh, and I can not even go to task manager, it freezes my computer completely.

Plz help, I want to play.

I was able to find a work around.
Do not go straight to single player. Go to online game screen, and play around their.
Then go back and go to single player.

EDIT: As of now, my problem is with the map/level Crimson Enclave. I can not seem to get past the load screen, it freezes. I was able to play at first, but in game, it would lag and freeze. Then if that did not happen, the screen would get these lines on it. I tried to take a screen print, but the game would freeze and crash my computer.

Last edited by bhavik15; December 21st, 2009 at 11:55 AM.
bhavik15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:26 PM   #6
OMeN

Exclamation Re: Loading Screen Freeze

OMG doesn't anyone have a possible reason for this problem. Is it hardware? Is my PC under powered? It obviously has to be some kind of under powered issue of doe kind of windows issue. I'm running XP sp3. I'm stuck with a game i cant finish but I'm only one of few ppl who has the problem so somewhere there has to be some connection.

PC spcs: 3800+ 64bit duel core, 2 gigs 800 rams Nvidia 8600 GT 256 meg with performance heat plates.

Pc doesn't freeze, only game. Games doesn't save last save point at the Dahl head land gate.

Game hogs cpu even after crash, i have to manually go and kill the app for me to regain pc use but after me ending the app the pc is just fine.

The char i have is from a pirated version of the game i had before i could by it in native South Africa. I went out and bought the game, still have problem.

lets start getting the info flowing and we can get to the bottom of this. :halo2:
OMeN is offline   Reply With Quote