The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 11th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #1
BearShark

Default wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll

Whenever I try launching Borderlands, I receive a message telling me that wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll is missing, and that reinstalling may solve the issue.
Obviously, reinstalling has not solved the issue. I've done some searching around, and some people had this issue with mirror's edge, and they solved it by disabling physx. I've tried this, to no avail.
The dll is not missing. It is in the binary folder, as it should be. It has the correct name. I have not tinkered with the files in any way.
I've been able to launch the game once, but after playing for awhile, I quit to do something else, and haven't been able to launch it since.

Any ideas on what to try?

Edit: Just so you are aware, this is a retail PC version, not the Steam version.
Edit 2: Also, whenever I try reinstalling, I try to use the uninstaller on the CD, but it locks up. The only way I can uninstall the game is through the control panel.

Last edited by BearShark; November 11th, 2009 at 12:57 AM.
BearShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #2
JessJames

Default Re: wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll

Hey BearShark

I am having the exact problem, i looked intoo the bianary folder and the .dll file is there. Hopefully someone will read these posts and have the answer becacuse i have no idea on how to fix this issue.
JessJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:41 AM   #3
BearShark

I was able to solve this problem by reinstalling into a different folder. I just created a folder in program files called "Gearbox", instead of letting it create a 2kgames folder, and all that stuff.
I'm suspecting its a registry issue.
BearShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:40 PM   #4
zojourner

i have the same issue as well. the wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll is in my binaries folder but i still keep getting an error message when i try to start the game... i have a ati4870 running win7 64bit and a retail dvd version of borderlands
zojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 02:49 AM   #5
zojourner

adding it as a non-steam game to the steam browser and starting up through the steam browser seems to have fixed the problem for some odd reason
zojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:03 AM   #6
Exill

Smile Re: wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll

Found the problem. After reading various posts on the Internet I figured that steam could tell me the problem. And when I added the game on steam I noticed the PATH to the exe file.

Lets say we have installed the game like this:
C:\Games\Borderlands
In the Borderlands folder is a file called Borderlands.exe and when you try to run that file it tells you that wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll is missing.
BUT if you go to \Borderlands\Binaries instead and see that there also is a exe file called Borderlands.exe, run that one or make a shortcut to that one and the game works fine (:

I don't know if you've already fixed the problem, but I just felt the need to write it anyways since there's is NO answer to the problem ANYWHERE on the web. And DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY DLL's from custom websites. All the files to run the game is on the DVD's (:

I hope that helps (:
Exill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #7
filbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exill View Post
Found the problem. After reading various posts on the Internet I figured that steam could tell me the problem. And when I added the game on steam I noticed the PATH to the exe file.

Lets say we have installed the game like this:
C:\Games\Borderlands
In the Borderlands folder is a file called Borderlands.exe and when you try to run that file it tells you that wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll is missing.
BUT if you go to \Borderlands\Binaries instead and see that there also is a exe file called Borderlands.exe, run that one or make a shortcut to that one and the game works fine (:

I don't know if you've already fixed the problem, but I just felt the need to write it anyways since there's is NO answer to the problem ANYWHERE on the web. And DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY DLL's from custom websites. All the files to run the game is on the DVD's (:

I hope that helps (:

My binaries folder is empty
filbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #8
hamstertraz

That hasn't worked :/
hamstertraz is offline   Reply With Quote