The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 24th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #11
Kornylius

Angry Re: Incompatible game version?!

Gryf, on behalf of all German Borderlands importers: This is absolutely intolerable. Whoever is responsible for this idiocy should be tarred and feathered. Could you at least elaborate on the reason for this nonsense? Self-censorship? annoy people to keep them from buying their games where they like instead of the officially sanctioned national outlets? And btw: Gearbox must have been aware of the "problem" prior to shipping the DLC. It is obviously part of the game code when a window in the main menu tells you that you have an "incompatible version".

I assume there are thousands of customers who PAID for this content and are now unable to use it. We rightfully demand a very timely fix for this. I don't want my money back, I want to play the DLC. I am skeptical that that'll actually happen given the fact that the developer PROGRAMMED the game to behave in this way.
Kornylius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 07:09 PM   #12
EphelDuath666

Default Re: Incompatible game version?!

geez, I sure as hell am a glad that I didn't go ahead and didn't just download the German dlc. Thank goodness my mistrust in Microsoft has kept me from doing so. I was looking forward to this dlc too, being a HUGE everything-zombie fan. I wonder why compatibility was no issue for the Fallout 3 add-ons but when it comes to Borderlands it (apparently) is an issue. When you downloaded the German Fallout 3 add-ons everything was still uncensored and compatible with uncut versions of that game, despite the fact that the German version of Fallout 3 was cut to pieces due to our bullsh*t laws here in Germany. Should be doable for Borderlands too, right? And just fair since it was no problem for Fallout 3. Otherwise there would be a double standard. At least one would think...
EphelDuath666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:35 AM   #13
Goover75
banned

Yeah, Germany sucks, the government in paricular (I'm German, so don't feel offended). What's happening in our country feels so wrong and with the new governement we've got even more idots who make the rules. They could all go to China (no offend to China, just the government there), I guess our politicians would feel really comfortble there with so much control over the "normal" people.

For sure, that kind of thing is truely a no-go (same for Australia).
It's a shame that Gearbox didn't tell about the issue in the past, they knew about its, that's sure, or who made the errormenu, when you try to start a game.
Thousend people wasted their money for the non-playable DLC here, if this keeps unsolved, I guess Gearbox would also be a no-go in Germany, and our loved Xbox could be really fast a pirate console, or just a bunch of crap.....
Games like 1vs100 are fun to play, but hey, we're adults and we want to play our adult games.

So, we expect a big statement from you guys as well as Microsoft, cause right now, we've been cheated and what Microsoft and Gearbox did was illegal, you sold DLC (a product) which doesn't work for us, and it was not marked as incompatible.

Hope you guys reolve the problem soon,
Goover
Goover75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:30 AM   #14
Hirschchen
Team Jacob

First of All...I love Borderlands from the first minute i play that game.
I spent Hours and Hours shooting the enemys in Pandora.
So, yesterday i download the DLC regulary from the German Marketplace.
There was no sign, that it will not work with my Austrian edition of the Game.
So i get back from work and was very happy to play the dlc and then...it bite me in the ass.

It feels very sad to spending 800 MS-Points for a piece of dead data who not works on my game.

I hope there will be a solution for everyone who is comfortable.

Greetz

Hirsch
Hirschchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:20 AM   #15
Lorydo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirschchen View Post
First of All...I love Borderlands from the first minute i play that game.
I spent Hours and Hours shooting the enemys in Pandora.
So, yesterday i download the DLC regulary from the German Marketplace.
There was no sign, that it will not work with my Austrian edition of the Game.
So i get back from work and was very happy to play the dlc and then...it bite me in the ass.

It feels very sad to spending 800 MS-Points for a piece of dead data who not works on my game.

I hope there will be a solution for everyone who is comfortable.

Greetz

Hirsch
/signed

The same problem. -_-
Lorydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:21 AM   #16
Bady

Damn, i got the same Problem! Please patch this issue Gearbox, i am so dissapointed that i cannot play the DLC
Bady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:54 AM   #17
Hundekuchen

Same here, canīt play the DLC. I use the austrian game version with the german dlc and it donīt works -.-

Please fix this Gearbox
Hundekuchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 05:34 AM   #18
SolidShark99

I have the same problem with the AUT Game version and German DLC

Please patch this problem
SolidShark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 05:45 AM   #19
Lorydo

The same thread:
http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com...ad.php?t=88222
Lorydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 07:39 AM   #20
Nebulah

Same Problem i am from germany withe the Austrian Game........ Fallout Add Ons works fine, austrian fallout german dls - no problems. So wheres the Problem here ?

I want my Money back or the dlc has to work, no matter which option but spending 10€ for a piece of crap......no way. I hope you Guys of gearbox calles MS to fix this.
Nebulah is offline   Reply With Quote