The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:10 AM   #1
ianjh06

Default borderlands twinking.

hey all first post on the forums, i recently started playing the game with my brother and was thinking about twinking some characters. I have a lvl 19 brick (centurion mod) tank.

i was wondering what lvls would be the best for twinking, maybe 10, 15, 20? btw twinking is gearing out a character as much as possible at a certain lvl.

siren class has a great lvl 15 twink possibility with these builds:

the speed slayer

burning desire

twinking is just fun for pvping with to see how deadly you can get a character of that lvl. any ideas for other builds?

how are you suppose to twink you ask? simple, you will need a second computer or have a friend on the internet and be able to trade gear of a character you are leveling/have leveled.

Last edited by ianjh06; November 26th, 2009 at 08:33 AM.
ianjh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #2
Foxy42

Default Re: borderlands twinking.

Everything has level requirements.

To answer your question more directly though;

Weapons have 'quality' ratings from 1 to 5. This determines their level requirement. A value of 1 seems to be from no lvl req up to level 9ish, dependent on the attributes of the weapon. 2 seems to be from 10 to about 19, 3 seems to be from about 20 to 31, 4 seems to be 31 to 41, and 5 seems to be 41+. Therefore, the thresholds at each level suggest that the best way to overpower a low level charcter by twinking would be to get a set of weapons you like, then use a savegame editor to increase their quality level (without touching any specific parts), this will scale the weapon up to that quality level in every way (damage, acc, etc), basically, upgrade the quality as much as you can, but still allowing your char to actually equip it.

Another trick is that you can use a save editor to change your currently equipped weapons, or edit the weapon that is currently equipped. In this way you can put a level 48 volcano in the hands of a Level 1 Mordecai, and he will be able to use it, provided he never UN-equips it, as it will not then be re-equippable (obviously), as it is far too high level.

"IN THE FAAAAACE!"
Foxy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #3
ianjh06

I'm aware of the level requirements but imo that makes twinking more interesting for example a nice twink would be roland with sledges shotgun with this build:

sledgehead
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #4
Foxy42

You;ve lost me. Could you tell me what your definition of twinking is? In my experience, twinking is outfitting a low level character with high level items they could not have acheived on their own...

"IN THE FAAAAACE!"
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:58 AM   #5
ianjh06

that's what it is, you get a character to get any gear close to your level requirement of good quality and drop it for you, which is why i said sledge's shotgun would be a good 15 twink weapon. you also have a variety of grenade mods, shields, artifacts(?) and class mods you can use.

Last edited by ianjh06; November 26th, 2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #6
Foxy42

ah, ok, I just figured 'twinking' to be actually using things outside your level completely, which of course, in borderlands, is impossible without doing what I described above.

"IN THE FAAAAACE!"
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:12 AM   #7
ianjh06

i know a few games that have twinking in them are a little different. i thought it could add to gameplay due to various gameplay styles in the game, i mean sniper twinks, brawler twinks... i've never seen anything like that before. anyway i will work out so more builds and maybe start a thread for it including the build, name of build, preferred weapon, shield and mods.

Last edited by ianjh06; November 26th, 2009 at 09:13 AM.