The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:15 PM   #1
dapearl

Default How to start playthrough 2.5

This may be a stupid or already answered question but a search of playthrough 2.5 is yielding nothing.

I'm wondering how to start playthrough 2.5 or is it that i just go back to the fyrestone after finishing playthru 2, and just go thru killing stuff with certain respawned bosses.

also ... i can't remember if it was sesame street or electric company ... but claptrap bears a very strong resemblance to an animated short from one of those shows ... and he even kinda hums a similar tune ..."nu-nee-nu-nee-nu"

Thanks Gearbox for the memory!
dapearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Ice Car
life sucks, drop out

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car
Default Re: How to start playthrough 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapearl View Post
This may be a stupid or already answered question but a search of playthrough 2.5 is yielding nothing.

I'm wondering how to start playthrough 2.5 or is it that i just go back to the fyrestone after finishing playthru 2, and just go thru killing stuff with certain respawned bosses.

also ... i can't remember if it was sesame street or electric company ... but claptrap bears a very strong resemblance to an animated short from one of those shows ... and he even kinda hums a similar tune ..."nu-nee-nu-nee-nu"

Thanks Gearbox for the memory!
Actually, playthrough 2.5 really isn't a new game, it's just all the enemies are level 48-51, and all weapons, itmes, mods, etc. in shops and everywhere else are level 48.

also, the names have been changed again, and since some bosses respawn, a few have new names, e.g. Rakk Hive.

technically, you can't restart with new missions, just what is said above. (also fartming in New Haven can turn up some awesome loot.)
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:43 PM   #3
zane
A Soldier till I fall.

Best, most challenging way to do it;
Do only the main missions only in playthru 2 and finish the game.
Then you have all the other missions with level 51 bosses and 48 drops, not sure if the quest rewards have level increase.

That lil weewee was a pain, and only got the sb, wanted the GUN!!
zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 12:06 AM   #4
dapearl

That's awesome .. great thought! AND I don't mind going back and starting a new game to play through again to try your suggestion ... since I already finished playthru 2
dapearl is offline   Reply With Quote