The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Technical Support > Borderlands Technical Support > BL Xbox 360 Technical Support

Old December 31st, 2009, 09:41 PM   #1
xxSonserayxx

Default Help.... Got a glitched shield by accident. Breaking my game.

I was playing with a friend who had a glitched shield in Mad Moxxis Underdome Riot. I told him it would be boring and to easy if he used his glitched shield, so he dropped it, and picked it back up. This shield looks like a marcus bobblehead, and is worth 3,000,000 dollars. When he picked it up, it was gone from his inventory. It appeared in mine. I kept dropping it, but it just kept giving me millions of dollars, and he kept trying to pick it back up. It just gave us millions of dollars, and thats it. It wouldn't go away. Finnaly he said if I quit and rejoined, it would go away. I did. It was gone, accept now me health had magically increased by 200. When I tried to put my old shield back on, the glitched one reapearred (Which by the way has infinite capacity) No matter how many times I dropped it, we just got money. Then, my old shield and class mod dissapeared. Both of which were really nice. The glitched shield was in my inventory, but still there, and working. I turned off my xbox before things got worse. Is there anyway to revert this? I didn't even WANT this shield, and now it's breaking my game. I just want to play normally :/
xxSonserayxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Madman340
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Default Re: Help.... Got a glitched shield by accident. Breaking my game.

You can't get your items back, but you can remove it.

Not sure if you got it off or not, but if not:

Simply remove the shield, not drop it. Then drop it. Exit the game and restart. If you have it still drop dropping, exiting, go back. If you do still IDK.
Old December 31st, 2009, 10:03 PM   #3
xxSonserayxx

I tried that D: I still have it. I don't really care about my items, I just want my health to go back to normal, and have the shield dissipear.
Old December 31st, 2009, 10:47 PM   #4
Cody14w

Only way i know to get it totally back to normal would be if u saved your save file for that character onto a pin drive/ memory stick.
Cody14w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 10:52 PM   #5
Yoshigoto

I was playing in mad moxxies udnerdome and showed my friend my uber sheild. then my class mod, my uber sheild, and my grenade mod all dissapeared. But never reapered ever. In conclusion it is obviously mad moxxies place so keep you sheild on everyone.
Yoshigoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:07 PM   #6
SpazROK
Knoxx'd Up

Or just don't cheat. That works too.
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:33 PM   #7
Bizurkur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazROK View Post

This.
I realize it wasn't your fault, but seriously.
Tell your friend to take that **** elsewhere.
Bizurkur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:10 PM   #8
BlastrixCoreli
His Trigger Finger Itches

I have a modset, but mods plus SG is just annoying. As far as I know, you can't get rid of it. It may appear every time you play. I still have "the curse" but I know how to get rid of it at least temporarily. Anyone suffering here is my brother, and so I shall share this miracle painkiller (which is all it really is, unfortunately...)

1. Go to your inventory. There are many appearances for this (Sheild, a Pistol SDU, a marcus bobblehead, all manufactured by gearbox.) but you should see one of the aforementioned in your shield slot.

2. Keep unnequipping the glitch item. Once you see your original shield, stop unequipping.

3. Drop the glitch items (it spreads like a virus, so stop playing with that friend if you don't want it again. You don't need to follow this advice, but...) and unequip your shield. If there is nothing under it, congrats, painkiller administered, and temporary vaccine injected. If there is something under it, wash, rinse, repeat.

Try following these steps. It worked for me, and who knows, it may work for you. Down with the shield glitch.
BlastrixCoreli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM   #9
Grif
Shotgunner of Faces

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazROK View Post
Nah, too easy...

#1. You can shoot Psychotic midgets.

That is all.
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 03:30 PM   #10
xxSonserayxx

I didn't try to. My friend picked it back up and the cursed thing spread to me -.- . Anyway, I managed to get rid of it at the cost of my shield and my class mod. Thanks guys.