1/30 Hotfix: They listened-ish

From BL Facebook:

1 Like

Why kinda? Looks like they took an approach to make as much people happy as possible.

1 Like

They only kept increased drops for rare spawn enemies I’m assuming that’s the “kinda”.

1 Like

Gotcha

What is your take on it Kab? I know we were on opposite sides of spectrum. So what are your thoughts?

Great. Now We’re Farming Chests. How About Some Content?

4 Likes

Yea, the wording there is a little vague. They buffed rare spawn drop rates to be on par with bosses. Possible they did keep the frenzy rates? Doesn’t really specify.

1 Like

I always said I preferred to keep the difficult 4 player scale Takedown but wouldn’t mind if they did a slider. So, I don’t mind that I have to wait a little longer to get my difficulty back as long as I know it’s coming.

As far as drop rates a bit disappointed in overall drop rates throughout the game still but at least increasing odds on rare spawns is a step in the right direction.

11 Likes

Whoa a step in the right direction, thank goodness. More player choice is always a plus and lowering grind times is a huge plus for me.

2 Likes

Same here I’m glad for the changes but we DO NEED NEW CONTENT.

1 Like

At the risk of being labeled a GBX fanboi, I have to say that I’m not aware of many other companies that respond so quickly (yes, quickly) to customer feedback and requests. Ok, cue the “but muh vertical splitscreen” complaints. Yeah, I want that too, along with better drops in MH4 and a sh*t-ton less lag. I believe them when they say they’re working on these things.

3 Likes

I like this hotfix. Nothing too drastic. Kept nice things for people who wanted it with a promise of trying to make others happy later. Reasonable imho.

Betcha that the Feb patch will have some of that. I’d guess that’s when Mayhem 2.0 will make an appearance along with some new anointments to farm for and such.

Crossing fingers that my valentines day involves farming for new things on a game I love because i know I wont have someone to take me out to dinner hashtag[SelfOwn]

4 Likes

Yea content is coming but we still have to keep in consideration people on Steam are still waiting so will probably be a big thing when released with more stuffz.

I’ll have to look up what Mayhem 2.0 involves as this is the first time I’d heard of it, or I’ve seen and just not focused on it as of yet.

Not to worry about Valentines day, it’s one of those that’s way over-rated IMO. I’ll end up having to take the girls out though as that’s just what Daddies do!!!

2 Likes

It’s a rework of how modifiers will work, that’s all we know so far.

2 Likes

Cook a big pot roast on low heat and just play while you cook and if they bother you just say “I am cooking”. :beers:

4 Likes

Come for the BL info. Stay for the life coaching. :laughing:

4 Likes

I wonder if they will be increasing rare spawn drop rates or if they will be “increasing” rare spawn drop rates.

1 Like

Hotfix announcement thread is up:

Please post new comments/responses there - thanks!

1 Like

I’m expecting something like a “Bloody Harvest” event around Valentine’s day.

We can teach Maurice the meaning of LooOOoove – or perhaps “Lurve” because GBX does like their obscure references and I really enjoyed Kenzi (Kseni Solo’s character) on Lost Girl.

Also, that would be a great lead-in to a Krieg DLC where he rescues Maya from Heck. A DLC that won’t happen, but absolutely should.

2 Likes