2k Australia is shutting down

I guess this is the end of the line for TPS. Hopefully we can still get another update or two.

Yeah, being as there are drop rate tweaks and such still on going, it seems support for TPS will continue … I hope.

1 Like

That’s too bad. Best of luck to everybody down there!

Bugs and low investment makes TPS a subpar game.

4 Likes

Cool Vol

I imagine Gearbox will continue support. In fact, I don’t think 2k Australia has done any post-game support or bug fixes itself (although I could be wrong).

It would be nice to get an official statement from Gearbox confirming this, though.

Fingers crossed support still continues, there’s still some work to be done and I’d hate for this to turn into a MW2 situation.

I really hope so. I’ve been enjoying it all along, but it felt like the “post-story” game was finally coming to life with the last update and DLC.

Wow that sucks I know TPS had some issues but its sad to see people loose their jobs like that. On the other hand though I hope Gearbox steps in and makes some more DLC and patches for TPS

8 Likes

I thought 2K AUS did the code for Respawnable Bosses.

I hope support doesn’t drop, i seen some complains about the Handsome collection having frame rate issues on the Xbox One.

Well that just ain’t right. I hope the people at 2k Australia find new opportunities soon. They deserve it.

8 Likes

@VolnuttVH

Totally disagree.

Not subpar at all.

Was it a BL 2 Blockbuster?? No…

But sub par is not even close, or fair.

At least in my opinion, but you are certainly entitled to yours.

8 Likes

Sadly 2K Aus was the last big studio, all that’s left are mobile and indie games, we once had quite a few big studios but obver the past 10 years or so they’ve all died off.

So sadly I don’t think the majority of employees will stay in the gaming industry.

I think that TPS has the best gameplay and characters from the series, but the same 2009 graphics engine, maps and enemies with weak design ended the game.

sorry for bad english

This is sad. Pre-sequel has a lot of cut corners but personally I enjoy it a ton, and SWAT 4 was excellent.

I’m really sad to hear this.
TPS is one hell of a great game.

1 Like

The problem seems to be that Australia is quite isolated and also is a high cost territory (partly due to the strength of the Australian dollar), so it’s not very “efficient” for companies (of all sorts) to have large workforces there. For instance, all the car companies that have plants there have announced they are shutting down their Australian plants.

2 Likes

Very sad. Not only because they made TPS, but all the Bioshock games!!!

1 Like

Eh gameplay>graphics imo

2 Likes

[quote=“VolnuttVH, post:14, topic:290036, full:true”]
I think that TPS has the best gameplay and characters from the series, but the same 2009 graphics engine, maps and enemies with weak design ended the game.[/quote]

There were a lot of changes between 2009’s BL1 and 2012’s BL2. Between BL2 and TPS, not so much.