30+ Characters?

Do you think there will be any more characters pass the preset 30? I was reading a thread on faction wars and it sounds great but 5/6 from a faction sounds limited. I personally would still like a playable Nova or Rendain even :grinning:

Hopefully it will happen, and glad to have you here on the gearbox forums

2 Likes

I expected Renny after my first time in the Helios. Imagine a slow tanky Rath, with Eldrid level “magic.”

2 Likes

Renny who is that

1 Like

Rendain. I rarely use full names, apologies :slight_smile:

Sad to say, I don’t think the VA budget is there for more characters.

1 Like

Oh, ok, and don’t worry no need to say sorry

STOP CRUSHING MY DREAMS! I wanna use his stab stab moves :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would definitely like to see this happen, but as @EdenSophia mentioned there probably isn’t the budget for it, unfortunately.

1 Like

But… Aria and Rendain… And… And… A mini sentry… And… Nova… And And… Nah that’s all I got, idgaf about the other characters. Oh! Lenore. Okay now no more glucks given.

2 Likes

Still want an insectiod character and a huge badass UPR lioness with a flamethrower :heart:

11 Likes

Or perhaps a true “trapper” I.E. someone who focuses on preparing before a fight and prepping ambushes…I still love setting up traps!

Interview with the creative director

They a have a lot of great ideas, GBX prototyped a lot of characters. First they need to complete the first batch of dlc (story ops & 2 more heroes). Then they will look if it’s a good idea to make new characters. Making heroes takes a lot of time. It was mentioned an earlier panel by a producer it takes like a 100 men weeks to make 1 hero. That’s a pretty big investment and if they decide to add more heroes i think they will make 1 more for each faction. As making games is fun and entertaining they (GBX & 2K) are still companies and like to see their investment make some returns.

I do hope they can continue making new heroes.

13 Likes

I still say the Jennerit Battleborn is Sister Benniteg.

Also, I love this game and would gladly but more characters, even if I don’t like their personality/playstyle. I just really want this game to do well, and more content to be made, pweeese? (Inner Toby comes out)

6 Likes

That’s cute, it has to happen now, I mean Kenny has his nickname planned and everything haha

And thanks for the welcoming guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for this, this is great insight

1 Like

I kinda want to see a Rogues character based on the Honey Badger concept that they originally had for Ernest, although maybe with a shotgun so we got another close-range antagonizer.

3 Likes

I want Geoff, Lord of all spiders!

5 Likes

The lioness is new. I like it.
OP:
The ideal number according to them is 50. That would be the sweetspot. They have nothing to say about after DLC number 5.
Glad to have someone new join. Did you previously wander the forums without an account or jump right in?

3 Likes