50 Things I Dislike About Battleborn

Disclaimer: I really like the game and will definitely buy it. That said…

Here’s the list of small things in the game that grind my gears.
(Note: Emphasis on “small”, most of these are just very personal opinions on things or straight-up satire).

1. The way the character you choose starts to talk/make noise when the selection timer hits 0 and the match/mission is about to start.
  2. How bland the background is during the intro (where the characters show off their taunts at the beginning of a mission).
  3. How there is no way to know when you’re being surrounded by enemies and go down because there were enemies attacking you from behind.
  4. The Ice Guardian enemies
  5. Suicide bomber thrall things
  6. Melka’s head-banging taunt
  7. Montana’s wood-carving taunt
  8. Shayne and Aurox’s jazz-hands taunt
  9. Being body blocked by allies (whether it be PC, or Thralls/minions in PvP modes)
  10. Miko’s indecisive healing beam.
  11. Ambra’s overshield
  12. Shayne and Aurox’s passive.
  13. The way Reyna holds her gun
  14. Kleese’s maneuverability (or lack there-of)
  15. The lack of visual range for Orendi’s Nullify
  16. Characters with 0 ranged attacks and lackluster speed
  17. Benedict’s Reload
  18. Miko’s that don’t heal
  19. Caldarius sticking to you like glue when you’re trying to flee
  20. Common gear with activation costs
  21. Expensive activation costs on gear with inferior stats to cheaper gear.
  22. Enemies who don’t stand in the Shadow Pillar and die gracefully.
  23. Accidentally running into the enemy’s base in Meltdown while trying to flee from a chaotic fight
  24. Lack of music in PvE to entertain you during the missions.
  25. The length of time in Incursion being short.
  26. A Benedict that won’t stay still.
  27. The weight behind melee attacks (or lack thereof). Especially in fist brawlers.
  28. Taking 10+ minutes to auto-kick an inactive member in a story mission.
  29. Really good Helix mutations that happen to appear at a Helix Level where there is something else you’ve always been using and that’s integral to how you play the character!
  30. Helix upgrades that are just basic damage/speed buffs and nothing else.
  31. Descriptions that aren’t clear; especially those on abilities and ability upgrades.
  32. The non-uniformity of Legendary Character-specific gear.
  33. Legendary gear with sub=par effects/stats costing as much as all the other good ones!
  34. Random glitches
  35. Bots in Private PvP games doing absolutely nothing/staring at walls.
  36. Kelvin’s Sublimate being a tad-bit hard to direct.
  37. Shayne and Aurox’s stealth-strike sound effects. (Seriously, I really dislike it. Sounds Mechanical, and why the random bell-ringing at the end of it? The whole thing is weird!)
  38. The way Thorn’s hand moves as she walks/runs
  39. Incursion mode being greatly rewarding towards the winning side (Shepherd Minions, more resources (shards/thrall camps), ability to buy enemy buildables, etc)
  40. ISIC Boss fight
  41. Galactic Emperor Boss Fight
  42. Not having 79+ gear bank slots off the bat!
  43. Nova telling me things I already know (in Incursion mode)
  44. Having your character sniped during character select.
  45. Abilities colliding with an ally who just happened to jump in front of you as you were casting it.
  46. Being stunned while surrounded by Chaos.
  47. Being screwed over by geometry issues.
  48. Accidentally taunting in the middle of battle
  49. Oscar Mike dropping an Air Strike on you when you least expect it.
  50. Orendi not using her sarcastic-sophisticated voice a bit more often.
3 Likes

Ouch! How is that even possible?!

I can appreciate this post.

Somebody with a level 15 Marquis, naturally!

How can you not like the jazz hands taunt? Hi-LAR-I-ous

1 Like

Dunno, I just really really dislike it. Shayne and Aurox is my 2nd main too (1st being Orendi). I just like her other taunts more.

Aurox being silly with Jazz-hands is not natural!

Perhaps, but that’s what makes it for me. It’s kind of terrifying because it looks so unnatural.

This bugs me alot ._.

3 Likes

The way the character you choose starts to talk/make noise when the selection timer hits 0 and the match/mission is about to start.

Omg! This is what I love about this game! I laugh everytime I hear it!

How bland the background is during the intro (where the characters show off their taunts at the beginning of a mission).

Really?

How there is no way to know when you’re being surrounded by enemies and go down because there were enemies attacking you from behind.

What?

The Ice Guardian enemies

What?

Suicide bomber thrall things

WHAT?!

Melka’s head-banging taunt

Come on! Are you serious?!

Montana’s wood-carving taunt

Geez, you don’t like very many things.

Shayne and Aurox’s jazz-hands taunt

I can’t even.

Being body blocked by allies (whether it be PC, or Thralls/minions in PvP modes)

Get use to it, buddy. It’s a tactical part of competitive games.

Miko’s indecisive healing beam.

There is an issue with auto-aim. Many of the auto-aim features seem to have problems when it comes to the beams.

Ambra’s overshield

She is a slow moving target with no escapes. Come on, guy.

Shayne and Aurox’s passive.

Blrrrp.

The way Reyna holds her gun

That’s her choice, get over it. She wants to hold her gun like that, leave her alone.

Kleese’s maneuverability (or lack there-of)

This character is not meant for direct battle.

The lack of visual range for Orendi’s Nullify

Boo… This is what seperates the skilled from the scrub.

Characters with 0 ranged attacks and lackluster speed

One character, maybe, has no ranged attack. Wear boots for speed.

Benedict’s Reload

bllrrrp.

Miko’s that don’t heal

That’s not a issue with Battleborn, that’s an issue with the people you play with.

Caldarius sticking to you like glue when you’re trying to flee

Learn2play.

Common gear with activation costs

There are some gear that is free, some gear with costs. It depends on the power.

Expensive activation costs on gear with inferior stats to cheaper gear.

Some gear provides a detraction from some attributes to lower the activation cost of the gear. Some modifiers cost more to activate.

Enemies who don’t stand in the Shadow Pillar and die gracefully.

Eh?

Accidentally running into the enemy’s base in Meltdown while trying to flee from a chaotic fight

L2P

Lack of music in PvE to entertain you during the missions.

Spotify

The length of time in Incursion being short.

Short?! It’s way too long! The game needs to remain under 30mins and should have mechanics to keep the game from going on to long but to provide a chance for huge swings in battle momentum if one team makes a mistake.

A Benedict that won’t stay still.

You don’t want to meet me in PVP.

The weight behind melee attacks (or lack thereof). Especially in fist brawlers.

Aesthetic.

Taking 10+ minutes to auto-kick an inactive member in a story mission.

Wow, something that actually is relevant to the game. This is a discussed issue.

Really good Helix mutations that happen to appear at a Helix Level where there is something else you’ve always been using and that’s integral to how you play the character!

That’s why they are there. To force you to make hard decisions and keep balance.

Helix upgrades that are just basic damage/speed buffs and nothing else.

Extremely useful and often paired with a tactical upgrade.

Descriptions that aren’t clear; especially those on abilities and ability upgrades.

Yes.

The non-uniformity of Legendary Character-specific gear.

Ehh?

Legendary gear with sub=par effects/stats costing as much as all the other good ones!

Still Legendary.

Random glitches

Beta.

Bots in Private PvP games doing absolutely nothing/staring at walls.

Beta.

Kelvin’s Sublimate being a tad-bit hard to direct.

bllrrp.

Shayne and Aurox’s stealth-strike sound effects. (Seriously, I really dislike it. Sounds Mechanical, and why the random bell-ringing at the end of it? The whole thing is weird!)

Geez, you are very opinionated.

The way Thorn’s hand moves as she walks/runs

O_O

Incursion mode being greatly rewarding towards the winning side (Shepherd Minions, more resources (shards/thrall camps), ability to buy enemy buildables, etc)

Already being discussed.

ISIC Boss fight

Yup.

Galactic Emperor Boss Fight

Nothing wrong with this.

Not having 79+ gear bank slots off the bat!

Entitlement. Just play the game and get the points, buy the slots. It’s not hard. Sell useless gear and play story mode.

Nova telling me things I already know (in Incursion mode)

Bllrrpp.

Having your character sniped during character select.

Abilities colliding with an ally who just happened to jump in front of you as you were casting it.

It happens. It’s a tactical part of the game.

Being stunned while surrounded by Chaos.

Stuns in the game seem pretty op. The stun duration and the items are not that great. CC is pretty rare but when it hits there is realistically no counter.

Being screwed over by geometry issues.

This.

Accidentally taunting in the middle of battle

How do you even?

Oscar Mike dropping an Air Strike on you when you least expect it.

Get better.

Orendi not using her sarcastic-sophisticated voice a bit more often.

IMO, that voice is just out of place. It doesn’t match her mouth, body frame, or other voice. Not sure where they were going with that other voice it just doesn’t work right on that character.

7 Likes

I feel like you didn’t read the part of his post where he said not all of these complaints were serious.

3 Likes

Aurox: “WE ARE NOT DETECTIVES!”

Yeah, his attitude does make the jazz hands a bit off for him. Maybe they could re-record his audio only so he says it in a resigned, eye-rolling, world-weary way. “Jazz hands, if I must, I guess…”

That said, it still made me laugh.

2 Likes

I’ve now seen both of these, and it is weird. Hopefully the devs can run through the numbers again. An item with a larger boost but a negative as well, that I can understand having a lower activation cost. The other examples, not so much.

This thread contains a microforum within itself.

3 Likes

Run home and bring your bingo cards!

1 Like

Healers Ambra especially is way to over powered several times she’s been almost dead I have full everything and still get murdered

Everyone remember that this person stated things that they Dislike about the game. Not necessarily things that are wrong with the game, just personal things that they dislike. While i don’t agree with many of these things they do point out some valid opinions and credible complaints. Some of them seem like they may just be nit picky preferences, and others are actual problems.

3 Likes

I love the banter between them. Really makes the character, IMO.

And drinking glasses!

1 Like
  1. You are right, never noticed it… But now I dislike it too! -2
  2. NOOO! That one is so good. XD -8
  3. Yes. T_T -11
  4. Dps Miko FTW -18
  5. XD -23
  6. Just derping and waiting for them to disconnect… -28
  7. I always try to go to the side, but forget you need to turn the whole screen for it to actually turn to the side. Damn you, Kelvin ice thingy. -36
  8. True, true. -39
  9. Gally, this is why I HATE you! -46
  10. “You have our respec…” -dies- I DID NOT WANT TO TAUNT :mushroom: -48

Edit: Are… Are you KIDDING me? I was not talking about the number 1 to 10. Ugh.

1 Like

lol you got me. Nice post.

Especially these…

1. All the time.

2. The Orendi one with auto tracking at close range. couldve put this on one of the poopier levels but nooo, right there with good selections.

3. It seemed like the more we went along they got shorter, but what a pain.

4. This guy. This guy here. I had a lot of luck with Toby’s mines, and other area of effect attacks on him. But otherwise garglebarflethramp. Don’t love the critters, but they are a challenge.

Good beans mang.