So, I’ll be editing this over time.
This is a elaboration of this thread as it pertains to Krieg.
I was thinking we should create a 50 pointer list of the best tips as to staying alive in UVHM (if we can’t get to 50, we’ll go up to whichever number we work our way up to).
Unlike the general list, this list can be centralized around the design of the character, and therefore can speak on specific builds as well as a moderate degree of item loyalty.
- Please add a tip and a suggestion as to where it should be in retrospect to all the other tips.
-This list will be numbered in order of importance, so if there is no consensus on the position of the tip, it shall be placed on the tail end.
- Avoid tips that are too alike to previous tips.
- Avoid tips that would allow for no personal influence on a build
- Tips as to important items to own are welcome.
- Tips as to common mistakes to avoid are welcome.
- Krieg puts the FPS idea on it’s head. Just because it would work on any other character, doesn’t mean it would work on Krieg.
- Release the Beast is as valuable for it’s health boost/damage reduction as it is for it’s Melee ability. You also have about 3 seconds of invulnerability which you can use to your advantage.
- Move while you Melee! Many enemies without AoE will have no way to counter your alacrity.
- Dropping Slag grenades is a good way to keep everyone slagged, but also a bad way to keep your damage reduction relevant.
- If you’re playing in Co-Op Redeem the Soul is practically a necessity.
- Bloodsplosion can wipe out an entire battlefield in moments. Krieg is stronger the more flesh there is available.
- If you didn’t invest in the Mania tree, you can still use Buzz Axe Rampage to kill a smaller enemy and gain a quick jump in life, as well as a method to gain a bit of movement speed.
- Rough Rider is a Krieg staple.
- If you’re using an explosive build Krieg, you will need to invest in a level of synergy.
- Thrill of the Kill may ruin RTB cycles. Careful not to kill a smaller enemy on the verge of using it.
- While Trance may look promising, you’ll find yourself wishing you’d restart a Rampage before you find yourself wishing it would last a little longer.
- Light the Fuse can be helpful in running towards your better positioned allies and remains usable in UVHM, upon reaching OP levels it is a poor alternative to other methods in FFYL.
- Elemental Empathy’s life steal makes gun play realistic at end game. It synergizes perfectly with Burn Baby Burn, Fuel the Fire, Elemental Elation, Fire Fiend, Delusional Damage, and Raving Retribution. More DoT, more healing.
- Numbed Nerves 50% damage reduction can be active in and out of Rampage so it has better utility than Taste of Blood.
- Pay attention to your surroundings if you specced into Bloodsplosion. Items like trash piles and barrels take damage, so switching to a Rubi/Grog Nozzle after killing an enemy can be a lifesaver, especially for builds specced into Hellborn.
- Do not underestimate the strenght of the Buzz Axe Throwing mechanic. It can provide Stun-Lock, allows you to keep your distance and wait out your RtB cycle with some level of efficacy. It also fully heals you if you kill an enemy!