A bit of Positivity

Been seeing a lot of negativity towards the new update with reasonable complaints that are worth bringing up, however for me I have found the game to be way more enjoyable and balanced. I am a huge fan of trying out new builds, particularly with Zane.,and I have been offered much more viable ways of using some of the old guns that were completely unusable pre-patch. For instance, I have created a new build focussed on the vanquisher (which is seriously good now), something I would never be able to do with the 12,500 health and without the buff to the gun itself. This is just one example. I think gearbox have delivered great with the feedback they have received and I just hope that people give it more of a chance as opposed to dismissing the whole game after less than 24 hours of this patch being out. Please also remember this is only phase 1.

As for the Takedown, yes, it’s difficult. I’m assuming that most of you went straight to it on M10 without first getting used to the spawns and the new mechanics. Of course you will get frustrated. Once you ease into it again, give it time, it will become easier and you will work out new ways to complete each area efficiently. I would however agree that some of the enemies have way too much health and I do hope that Gearbox address this, but don’t completely rule the content out. try it on a lower mayhem level, even normal mode and work up towards the higher mayhem levels. There was no way I could complete the Maliwan takedown for the first week on the highest mayhem level.

I am looking at this from a completely un-biased perspective, and hope that some of you can be a tad more patient with this new content. In my opinion, this takedown is fantastic and I am so happy that this FREE content is in the game :slight_smile:

10 Likes

i dont know about the takedown
i was using my mh10 kaosons in the first room and it took me like a minute to kill each of these flys
these trash mobs equivalent to rakks
i dont know what they were thinking about scaling these mobs xD
i didnt die
i went out of ammo in the first room and quit

11 Likes

The enemies in takedown are 100% a bit too tanky. Considering they all have like 5x the health of maliwan takedown enemies. (or something like that)

But every vault haunter has the damage to clear it solo.

6 Likes

My only complaint is that the GTD is way too bullet spongey. So much so that playing in M10 is tedious and not fun. I’m one to never really complain about something like this, but it’s kinda ridiculous. All my builds tear through everything, including the MTD, but this new one is just a slap in the face. It’s almost like they setup the switches to control True Takedown and solo, but forgot to make the necessary scaling adjustments. I’ve completed it with Amara, but I won’t do it on M10 again until it gets adjusted or I figure out what kind of build can make it a little more tolerable. I love the adjustments to HP, armor, and shields. Makes using most legendary weapons fun again.

3 Likes

Indeed they do, but I’m going to make a small prediction that GBX will see very little activity on M10 with the new Takedown. It just takes way, way too long to be any kind of enjoyable. It’d be one thing if the mini boss and main boss where tanky as hell… But to have the trash mobs feel like you’re fighting against Master Gee in BL2… each and everyone of them. Even those little corrosive guys that blow up when the get close to you take a headachey long time to kill in comparison to anything else in the main game and DLC’s.

1 Like

While the tankiness of mobs is a valid complaint and I think needs addressed, I just also want to counter people saying it’s impossible. It’s m10, you need to optimize your build much better to beat it. Shouldn’t the hardest content in the game be like that?

4 Likes

I am more than happy to keep running it on a lower Mayhem level and still get enjoyment out of it, and to also work out new and better ways to clear the areas. It has certainly challenged me running it on mayhems 7 and above, but that’s what I love about it! They’ve made us some incredibly difficult end game content, that’s what a game should have.

Eh… I’m not sure Moze does. The nerfs yesterday exposed her even more than she was already in M2.0.

Oh absolutely. I’m all for the hardest content. But when it takes so long just to get through the new Takedown, the rewards at the end are not equal to the time put in. Leave the bosses as they are and lower the tankiness of the general mobs.

1 Like

If this was the Maliwan takedown I would agree with you because that’s pure combat.
However, in the new takedown, an optimised build doesn’t help solve puzzles or provide you with the dexterity to perfectly platform!

1 Like

No, but games are designed to test your cognitive and spatial abilities also. I died the first couple of times with the platform jumps, but it did not take very long to work them out. Haven’t died on them since those first 2 or 3 runs.

1 Like

Yes, want a challenge, not get bored to death.

About the mayhem:
It is not hard, it is ammo management and using specific weapons out of billions rather than about builds, and that is the problem to me.

3 Likes

For sure the takedown will get easier in time. Once they fix the health scaling, I can see this can be done in 20 mins. Platforming is easy once you get used to it. With something this long, multiple dedicated drops should be guaranteed.

Aside from anointments, I’m glad with the direction they’re moving into but BOY is it a long road. My feelings on the future of the game shift from hopeless pessimism to cautious optimism all the time. I hope we don’t end up needing a community patch just to bring back event maps and fix scaling. Not making cartel/halloween permanent is a HUGE mistake.

2 Likes

theres a difference
when a flying rat has more hp than some random world boss, the game is inconsistent

6 Likes

I dunno, I was kinda relieved that they got rid of the halloween event :joy: The Cartel even was great though.

1 Like

Not so much the skulls/terror effects but the map. The game needs more fun mobbing maps.

Athenas, the anvil, Konrads hold, Lectra city, Jakobs estate, Proving grounds (6 in total), slaughter shaft, cistern, Maliwan takedown, Pyre of stars. Even a few in the DLC. I think there are plenty of mobbing maps.

1 Like

Then why not add more to the list? options are good. haunt boss fight is fun and the underboss mechanics remind me roguelites.

1 Like

Haha can’t have too many mobbing maps I guess! For me, i’m happy for events to come and go. No way I would want to be playing the halloween one again, especially in June :laughing:

1 Like

That description tickled me - bloody genius haha.

2 Likes