A crazy idea I just had for some of the useless legendaries

For the base game most guns will get you through just fine, but of course for mayhem3+ a good chunk of them are either useless, or just ok. I had an idea(it may be stupid lol)that there could be certain enemies, or bosses that are weak to specific guns/grenades, giving you a reason to use them. Same with shields. Like how the Transformer makes Killavolt a walk in the park. If this has already been brought up then disregard.

Not a bad idea…

Make a specific boss particularly weak against a particular legendary. Maybe even a legendary that boss drops (as in your example, Transformer has a higher drop chance from killavolt).

My alternative would be to bring back the Grinder from The Pre-sequel. Just spin that straw into gold.

2 Likes

I remember how much fun I had throwing stuff into the grinder, that’s a great idea.

2 Likes

I almost never used the grinder myself, but I am surprised it didn’t make it to BL3, given how popular it was.

2 Likes

Tbf, the grinder was a bit OP. On console you could use the cross save mechanic and the stash box and grind the same set of weapons many times until the desired gear would pop out.

1 Like

Include an ECHO-Cast option where the streamers have to play with whatever gear their viewers select, from a pool of the “meh” to useless legendary items. The only stipulation is the items will be level (and class) appropriate for the streamer. Maybe even let the viewers pick the anointments. It would be a fun way to highlight what the community thinks are weak and undesirable drops.

1 Like

Just like in pc with read-only farming; it worked the same with torgue tokens and dlc vendors

1 Like

Oh yeah, done that. Get the 620ish on nvhm and keep them for the rest of the playthroughs.