A Day of Mourning

Ok guys.

I don’t make… topics very often.

And some of you will argue that this belongs in the “what made you sad” tree. But a lot of you have played drunk with me so…

This feels needed. It’s the end of an era.

This… was my big bubba 32 oz mug.

I drank out of it for the last 3 years, at least. I kept it clean, I managed it… It managed me.

This -

Is where the straw top snapped off when I dropped it today.

I could superglue it, but we all know it would never be the same.

This cup… this cup guys has gotten me and in some ways, many of you, through some times.

I felt like it deserved its own post of mourning, while I drink whats left in it on this sad, horrible day.

11 Likes

R.I.P. Black Mage’s mug. :cry:

I hope you rest well in the big sink in the sky.

4 Likes

F

…our character limit.

6 Likes

This definitely warrants coming out from under my rock

8 Likes

Awww…RIP, Big Bubba.

But I must inquire: playing drunk + 32 ounces + A STRAW…

Please tell me it wasn’t all whiskey & moonshine. :wink:

3 Likes

Usual loadout was 2-5 ice cubes (depending on size, i have different trays), 1-3 inches of vodka (I dont know how shots work) then (either 1 full monster energy drink or) 2 full cans of mello yello zero, capped off with enough diet v8 splash to finish the drink.

Not all booze.

Just enough to get me through once a day a week.

I’m not ■■■■■■■ with you guys I almost just cried.

This is a ■■■■■■■ greek tragedy.

9 Likes

I threw out a snicker bar wrapper today, it really didn’t mean anything to me once the candy was done. I was not having a rough spot in my day or life but when I saw the post about the mug I though wow the two of them could forever be together in the same land fill for eternity.

3 Likes

@Arsonist I’ve been holding off on posting here, because I was afraid anything I said would come off as sarcastic and insincere. The truth is that I join you in mourning the loss of a loyal friend and companion. Relationships are important and grow between entities regardless of what they are. The mug that carried you through years of libations, tears of drunken joy and of drunken sadness, that comforting feeling in your hand, the straw you know so well you can hit that perfect width without thinking, the height you can pour perfectly with your eyes closed. Some may see a mere mug, but I can see that in your eyes it was more than that. A friend, compatriot, a brother. Remove your caps, forumites visiting this thread, and let the plaintive tones of taps wash over you. Our brother mourns today, and we mourn with him. In their honor let troll posts and any dismissive comments be ignored, for the cup that nourished our friend’s soul, and ours by extension, has left the worldly plane for that great Walmart in the sky.

(Seriously though brother, I feel for you. I’ve cried actual tears over far less important things. :fist: :hugs: )

10 Likes

The replacement, a new era

9 Likes

You ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ monster, she has only been gone 5 minutes!

Your meant to not drink anything for a month at least, its only decent!

EDIT I was in the middle of typing a 5 page eulogy when the new bimbo showed up and my post became this!

10 Likes

She’s 40 oz and I need to drink today.

She’s like a backup college quarterback coming in against a tough defense.

10 Likes

A new day has begun. Huzzah!

Also: I love that bubba’s a she. Makes me chuckle.

7 Likes

I have a Bubba cup too!

Except mine is not as big as yours and it has a rubber straw instead of a plastic one.

4 Likes

Is everyone just whipping out their bubbas now for all the world to see??

Jeez… :wink:

8 Likes

Did you blow it up?

5 Likes

:beers: Since you are at least a day beyond the grief period, I join you in celebration of the dawn. :beers:

Verily, ■■■■ the haters!

In related news I’ll be visiting the courthouse tomorrow morning to have an advanced directive notarized that states that it is my will that @paulothead will write my eulogy provided:

1. HE IS WILLING.
  2. I DIE FIRST.
  3. HE WAS NOT THE CAUSE OF MY DEATH.

EDIT: NOTE: Number 2 in the directive is there because I dont need an undead thrall writing my eulogy. Friggin crypozoologists man.

7 Likes