A Discount on the Season Pass would be Nice

I know that being an early adopter can mean you’ll miss out on sales/bundles, but a major release going on sale 3 weeks after release is VERY rare. I’ve seen many comments saying how day one people feel a little burnt and I somewhat agree. It’s a smart move for them to counter Overwatch, since that has more hype and better review scores, but this current sale doesn’t help their already existing fanbase. Making the season pass $5 to $10 for a couple of days would be nice.

I’m not sure I want to put another $20 in this game since who knows if the player base will be standing a couple months from now or it might go on sale 5 days after I buy it. The new character looks fun, but the amount of in-game credits they want for new characters (47k) seems crazy high. Maybe the campaign gives you a lot of money, but I mainly do incursion and meltdown - it’ll take forever to get 47k. Rainbow Six Siege has the same system, but their new characters cost a more reasonable price. The season pass discounted would be a good gesture and helps keep current people around.

1 Like

There was a discount at least at GameStop. Game and season pass and save $5

Not rare at all.

1 Like

A publisher putting their game almost 50% off less than a month after release isn’t very common from my years of gaming. I doubt this was some grand master plan they’ve always had. It’s most likely a mixture of lukewarm reviews/sales and Overwatch coming out.

1 Like

I get that some people may feel “burned” by it but I bought the digital deluxe at regular price and couldn’t have been happier with my purchase. I enjoy being able to help support game developers that I feel strongly about, and for some people who are asking for some sort of compensation, all of us “day one players” got a head start on leveling our characters and acquiring gear etc.
Besides, anything that helps bring in more players to this wonderful game and community is just fine in my book.

I paid $125 for the digital deluxe and have no regrets. I’ve gotten way more fun out of this game than any other on my PS4. I can assure you that your $20 will be well spent.

Ironically you probably put at least $5 worth of your time into making this thread when instead you could have just bought the season pass lol.

With a fanbase as awesome as us, it will be. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re counting on the discounted box sales selling season passes. Capitalism. They have to make money to justify further continuation of this game. So they can’t really discount the season pass as that would defeat the purpose, if not the porpoise. Nothing defeats the porpoise.

Really, though, you need to think about that. They’re just doing all they can to keep the game sustainable.

Uhm, right now, you can get the Deluxe Edition of this game for 33$. It’s normally 80$. That’s over 50% off…3 weeks from release.

According to IsThereAnyDeal.com - This is the fastest, and cheapest a game has ever gone on sale so close to release (Legally)

1 Like

Not common, but not super rare either. And no, i certainly don’t think it was the plan either. It’s not a good sign, but hopefully it gets more people to pick it up.

I’m a bit annoyed at this. They’re essentially giving away the season pass and hero unlocks to people who paid less than what I did just 21 days ago. GBX is willing to take the hit on brand new players, but they’re not willing to give this content to the people who picked up their product on day 1 for more money? I don’t understand that at all.

2 Likes

If xbox live dropped the season pass price by say a third now, I’d actually snap it up. I know it would never ever happen, but it would be a good way for Gearbox to reinvest in their most ardent fans. Sometimes these companies need to think outside the box.

Not to mention, [quote=“RottenRatPelt, post:10, topic:1477309, full:true”]
I’m a bit annoyed at this. They’re essentially giving away the season pass and hero unlocks to people who paid less than what I did just 21 days ago. GBX is willing to take the hit on brand new players, but they’re not willing to give this content to the people who picked up their product on day 1 for more money? I don’t understand that at all.
[/quote] Not to mention, people who did the PS4 beta get access to her, season pass or not, which is a bigger “screw you” than the sale IMO.

[quote=“shaman.wulf, post:7, topic:1477309, full:true”]
They’re counting on the discounted box sales selling season passes. Capitalism. They have to make money to justify further continuation of this game. So they can’t really discount the season pass as that would defeat the purpose, if not the porpoise. Nothing defeats the porpoise.

Really, though, you need to think about that. They’re just doing all they can to keep the game sustainable.
[/quote] Keeping current players happy and away from Overwatch helps the game be sustainable. I doubt 2K wants another “Evolve” on their hands, so no reason to be stubborn about the season pass now. The devs saying these characters are free is somewhat a half-truth. It would probably take me a couple months to get 47k since I just do versus… thats not reasonable.

Considering this game only has 2 maps per mode and Echelon is one of the worst versus maps I’ve ever played in any game, they should push content to players ASAP. They’re somewhat admitting the game shouldn’t have been $60, so just discount the season pass.