A Hotfix for Battleborn is Rolling Out Today, 9/14/17

(GHOST) #45

Happy Birthday XYMistman, :slight_smile:

I agree with your post. It seems gearbox doesn’t understand the problem with Boldur in my opinion. It’s not his ability to tank incoming damage, that’s his job. The problem with Boldur is his ability to deal very high attack damage as a tank in my opinion, best of both worlds.

If still build right Boldur can deal 1.2k to 1.4k damage in 1 sec, which is insane as a tank that gets overshield while having a hard cc every 8-12 secs.

The nerf to Boldur today did make his primary attack combo better to use now than just using his off hand melee to kill BB. Also Boldur is no longer the fastest character in game now due to this nerf as well, but that’s besides the point, he’s still in the top 3 fastest characters in game currently.

Boldur needs a nerf to overall damage, not his surviabilty, but Gearbox doesn’t understand that in my opinion. Not many people rely on his rage to tank incoming damage as Boldur, they use it to deal very high amounts of damage and escape within a short frame of time.

He’s still the best tank in game by far, whether that means you need to buff the other BB characters or nerf him even more, that hasn’t change in game at all in my opinion.

1 Like

(the one person that likes capture ) #46

when you need 2-3 hard CCs to kill 1 person their surviabilty is too strong. His damage WAS ( have to see how it is now after update) attacker level despite being a defender. Boldur is not a balanced hero and i’d say he still might need a little tweaking.

2 Likes

(- a disappointed PC player) #47

It took only 1.5 years to actually start fixing Boldur. Those fixes are coming faster than the speed of light!

4 Likes

(Jennerit Supremacist) #48

You all heard it here first. Not even exactly 17%

8 Likes

(Deandes in crime) #49

Nuh uh. Getting a crit with Burst Dash and one hit KO-ing a Miko is the most satisfying thing to do. :heart:

3 Likes

(Vagrantsun) #50

Tbf, 16.84% is pretty clunky.

4 Likes

(Jennerit Supremacist) #51

Why not 17 though?

4 Likes

(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #52

Be cause then 21.something would be weird.

4 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #53

Why not 18, so that it would be legal? :smirk:

10 Likes

(Jennerit Supremacist) #54

I’m thinking more 21.

4 Likes

(Penguin connoisseur.) #55

Not good enough. A damage buff isn’t deemed mentally mature until at least 25. Then Oscar Mike can rent a car.

I still wouldn’t trust him with it though…

9 Likes

(GHOST) #56

True, but so does Kelvin, Attikus, (Shayne and Montana to lesser degree) also need 2-3 hard CC’s to kill 1 person currently. So it’s not so much Boldur’s survivability when compared to Kelvin and Attikus but also his damage is better than theirs overall without using legendaries on those characters because of Boldurs rage mode and stun follow up.

Boldur is still better than these characters because he can tank 2000 incoming damage as well having strong survivability, with very high burst damage. This doesn’t change his ability to tank after level 3.

If you’re using Boldur’s Rage mode to tank incoming damage, you’re not using Boldur to the best of his abilities in my opinion.

1 Like

(XB1: Abattoirista) #57

Because the buff was probably based more in “his damage is this number at X level and we want it to be that number instead, what percentage increase does that come down to” as opposed to “I dunno, he could be killing these minions 17% faster.”

3 Likes

(the one person that likes capture ) #58

i suppose in gearbox years that is the speed of light :smirk: either way though i do appreciate them

2 Likes

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #59

I’ve been derping with him and use all cooldown gear, nothing better than suppressing the entire lane endlessly

2 Likes

(Deandes in crime ) #60

I vote that if you put in the time to master that ■■■■ you should be rewarded for your efforts.

3 Likes

(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #61

OM’s legendary + skill damage with movespeed + boots with sprint speed = fun

2 Likes

(Deandes in crime ) #62

Stop drawing attention to her fenix gdi!

2 Likes

(30% more flak) #63

If one hit killing is what satisfies you, Kinessa or Widowmaker might be your style… Or maybe a shotgun in CoD is more similar since it’s close range?

:smirk:

0 Likes

Oh wow I just noticed a few minutes ago that my profile has a birthday cake next to it. I don’t know why but I assumed you were referring to my anniversary on the site. Completely forgot my actual birthday :sweat_smile:

1 Like