A Mercenary Christmas Idea

Hey everybody!

I’m strumming up this post to see if I’m the only BL2 player who thinks it would be totally awesome if Gearbox were to show the community some Christmas/Mercenary Day love by making certain rare loot available throughout the week of Christmas.

Think of it like the 2013 Loot Hunt event, only this event would occur every Christmas and would last for roughly a week. Also, instead of assigning specific items to drop from a specific source for just one day, the items will be slated to drop throughout the entire week. This would give those of us who have real-world obligations a legit shot at acquiring them.

I know I’m being a daydreamer, but I nonetheless think that this would make for a kick-butt Mercenary Day gift. :slight_smile: Just for giggles, why don’t you share the 10 items that you’d like to see featured in this kind of event? Here’s my list:

• Grog Nozzle
  • Cobra
  • Bitch
  • Sham
  • Nasty Surprise
  • Skullmasher
  • Rare Community Day Skins
  • Quasar
  • Godfinger / Bekah
  • Twister

Bonus: For the lawls, a Weisenheimer surprise would be sweet.

Anyways, what do you guys think!?

1 Like

I’d love to see the Twister appear in the loot train- that and the community day skins are all I’m missing from your list…

I saw some people suggest a Christmas event in which unique quest items that you can’t farm effectively without jumping through hoops would be temporarily included in the general loot pool. I like that idea, but I’d suggest the loot train as a source for all of them (I mean, that DLC is already Christmas themed and everything). I’m talking about weapons like the Sand Hawk, the Pimpernel and the Grog Nozzle.

Thanks for the responses boys.

Yeah, I like the Loot Train idea. That would keep things nice and simple.

After giving the situation a bit more thought, perhaps the least resource-intensive way for Gearbox to implement the train idea would would be to: Make it so that 1 Legendary item, 1 rare (blue) item, and 1 community day skin - would drop on each run.

In a nutshell, the Legendary loot pool would remain the same. The only thing that would change is that you’d be guaranteed to get a Legendary item (outside of the usual class mods) per-visit.

I think it would also be cool to guarantee 1 of the rare items (like the Grog, Cobra, and Twister), but to keep the drops randomized. The same thing goes with the Community Day skins.

Not only would this be (presumably) easy to execute on Gearboxs side, but it would add a bit of mystery to the event.

4 Likes

I would be all over this.

The Sandhawk and Pimp are already quest rewards, so I’d go with The Grog and the Twister given how the first isn’t a permanent item and the later is still very difficult to farm.

Yeah, I only suggested the Hawk and the Pimp because you can’t get multiples of them without resetting the playthrough, using more than one character, putting the save in “read only” mode and so on… It would make it easier to get different versions of those weapons, even if just for a couple of days. But I’m all for throwing the Twister in there.

Any game-based community event, regardless of loot, would be welcomed by me.

3 Likes

^this.

And Legendarys

2 Likes

You know what, if they hot-fixed in 100% chances on special drops (like they did during the 100K Loot Hunt) for the week up to Christmas with some of the rarest loot (grog, twister, 2nd gen pearls, items from Vermi and Terra’s bloated loot pools) to various mini-bosses, I don’t think a single person could complain. And they’ve already proved they can do that. I personally was not active in BL2 or the forums during the last Loot Hunt, and would love a shot at these weapons.

1 Like

Like an Advent calendar or some 12-days of Christmas thing. I’d hit it.

1 Like