A Message from Randy Varnell

If it weren’t for Battleborn, I would never have met Alani, who has such a profound, and strange, impact on my life (@HandsomeCam can concur). Without Battleborn, I wouldn’t have sank hours; weeks, months and years into something as good as this and I certainly didn’t think I would have this fun. The community has been the best thing and I’ve met so many great people.

However, I’m not sad. I’m actually happy because Randy is going somewhere else, and wherever @Jythri goes, I go. So, Randy, you will have to try harder to get away from us.

Anyway, in closing, here’s Alani with a bubble. Look how happy she is! heart melts

24 Likes

this is the end. farewell friends, this game will be officially over very soon.

3 Likes

Great post by @jythri.

While things are changing, the journey continues. We’re just handing the reigns to you guys. Thanks for playing.

25 Likes

If I could just get my cyber Deande I might even complete STABS and my other WIP stuff. Hell, I would have finished my creative stuff anyway, but STABS is a monstrous task.

Don’t forget about me fam! I haven’t forgotten about Deande. I’m just in the middle of a Destiny break to reclaim my sanity.

3 Likes

I’m just going to sum it up my 700hrs like this. Battleborn had tremendous potential that was utterly squandered through bad choices on several fronts and I regret ever getting into it as much as I did.

The only thing I’m taking away from the game was the few friends I made that I’ll hopefully be able to play again with on another game.

And to the rest of you,

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

7 Likes

Now back with what should be my REAL account! (Silly iPad.)

We’re still talking a lot about the future of Battlborn, both as a product and a franchise. We believe there’s more future there. While other universes may need our attention first, I’m pretty certain we’ll return to Solus in the future.

53 Likes

I’m sitting here with small tears in eyes, a little bit sad over hearing that messege, but mostly because I’m just happy that we got something beautiful like Battleborn and how significant it affected my life in the last two years. I’ve met so many awsome people over the lifetime of Battleborn and I’ve never felt anywhere close to Battleborn, to be a real part of the Community.

Battleborn will defenetly always have a special place in my heart.

Long story short: THANK YOU!!!

14 Likes

I literally almost just roasted @jythri into ban oblivion. Sorry, buddy.

17 Likes

LOL I love how @JoeKGBX was about to ban that account. xD But good to hear that!

8 Likes

Rest in peace my sweet prince.

Montana, my spirit animal, you will forever be in my heart.

Thanks for all the stomps. Axton.

:’(

8 Likes

Hi Beya. :slight_smile:

There is still a very small surprise for you waiting in the Fall Update. I think you’ll like it.

29 Likes

Until then. You have my unwavering support. I will keep a close eye on Gearbox. You guys ROCK.

Hi love.

I think I will. :blue_heart:

23 Likes

Hops up and down like a child

Ooh ooh! I want a surprise!

5 Likes

This just in, ISIC can now be leveled to 21 and it unlocks the title “Beyaborn”

22 Likes

Can’t wait for ISIC’s @beya skin! lol

8 Likes

@Jythri

My only question is this, WHEN WILL WE LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT COFFEE GUY!?

4 Likes

It’s great to see so much love and warmth directed toward Jythri and GBX. But hey why so many comments sounds as if they announced the servers would shut down tonight?
Final update maybe but BB will live on!

Also: BATTLEBORN 2 CONFIRMED BY JYTHRI!!! (just kidding but I’m so very happy the battleborn universe is not completely off the table of future games possibilities!)

10 Likes

Lest We Forget - Cassini died today, as well!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/a6y01PSb6qU

1 Like

Battleborn is Love, Battleborn is life. I’ll miss it very much so.

21 Likes

I am sad, yet happy at the same time. I can’t explain this feeling.

It has been such a wild ride. My brother first got me into this game when Kid Ultra released. I remember he stayed up all night wanting to be one of the first to play him. I watched over his shoulder saying “what the actual ■■■■ are you playing?? What kind of game is this??”

It wasn’t long before I had my own account and had jumped into the universe myself… :grin:

Thank you Gearbox. Thank you for making this game. Thank you for El Dragon. Thank you for max health gear. Thank you for all the smiles and laughs and wonderful moments me and my wife and my friends could share in this amazing wonderful weird little light called Battleborn.

You guys have me sold. Whatever you choose to do, you will have my support! :heart:

18 Likes