A Message from Randy Varnell

(Obliterated in the Man-Barbecue of Combat) #145

Yeah. Some of the more aforementioned hardcore fans can be… not nice.

Clarification: Hell, some fans of Gearbox feel that the only thing Gearbox ever did right was Borderlands.

(Obliterated in the Man-Barbecue of Combat) #147

Oh, okay. I thought you were implying that I was the subject of the infamous song. I was about to pour out another 12gal of soda for myself.

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #148

Oh no, you’re great. Based on your blurred text, i’m thinking that you’d be a winner in my pool… :smirk:

But only at two-to-one odds!

Also, i’ll be deleting all of my past posts relating to this, so that things are back on topic.

(Ozcomingfroo) #149

I swear , once I finish learning basic program in college, I’ll jump straight into to learning Unity, Unreal Engine and Blender just to make the squeal to Battleborn.

Or atleast create a Hack-and-Slash game with Caldarious as the character you play as (since he’ll always be my favorite BADASS character).

Mark these words Gearbox . I’ll be sure to join your company (or any other game company) and make good use of Battleborn’s massive lore and depth in HAS !!!

BATTLEBORN FOR LIFE !!!

Much obliged mis amigos. Can’t wait for the next adventure.

(BrianWilson!) #151

Battleborn is 2016 GOTY, far and away.

Well, I’m not very good at goodbyes so I’ll just say this.

Thanks to the whole Battleborn team for giving me one of my all time favorite games. Everyone I got to give it a chance fell in love with the game and ran out and bought it the next day and never regretted it. You made an amazing game that I’ll never forget, and it will always have a place on my shelf, right next to my little Miko.

Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us next!

(The Red Bar Observer) #153

Or did she? Is it possible that a sixth DLC, “Mellkapocalypse Now,” was distributed only to the devoted few who really love her? Could it be that @lequizachris, @dante_d_silva and I have now put thousands of hours into its cinematic campaign, fluid PVP modes, and thrilling minigames?

These aren’t rhetorical questions. I genuinely want to know whether I’ve spent my last few months trapped in a vivid hallucination, presumably while in the real world, robots harvest the juices from my flesh…

Which leads me to my main point: thanks, Jythri. I genuinely believe if you’d had more power (if this game had been published as well as developed by Gearbox, for example), we’d be looking at a whole different outcome. And this was ultimately still a plenty cool ride for a lot of grateful people. May the next project bring you much fulfillment and joy.

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #154

Great Eagle-DAMN, it’s good to hear from you again!

Hopefully the servers stay up forever! Or until Battleborn 2 comes out… if ever.

(Muramasa Edge) #156

Thanks for everything. This worries me for the long term future of the game, but unfortunately this was always likely to happen given the sharp decline in playerbase by month three of launch. Best of luck on the next project.

(Shadewolf19) #157

My absolute fav PS4 game.
Bought a PS4, just to play it

Thank you. I’ll play, until I can’t

(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #158

Welp… everybody join the Guardians of Solus on Destiny 2!

(PSN: SirWalrusCrow) #159

Well, we got dank memster @Nemosis327 as admin, so the screening process may include confiscation of your meme library in order to determine the level of dankness the memes hold.

(Benedict's Glorious Wingspan) #160

Breaking Character…

Thank you to the folks at Gearbox for your time and effort.
For better or worse, Benedict is a part of me now because of the inspiring universe you’ve created. Naw. It’s definitely for the better. I mean, LOOK AT THESE GLORIOUS WINGS BABY!!! NO REGRETS!!! NO REMORSE!!! STILL LOVIN’ MY JOB TODAY!!! THIS AIN’T THE END Y’ALL!!! I’M STILL ALIVE SO IT AIN’T THE DAMN END!!!

Here’s some inspirin’ sh*t…

WOO!!!

Realizes he just slipped back into character. Doesn’t care. Finds pistachios. Waves a goodbye to Gearbox’s Battleborn staff. Flicks a pistachio shell at Ambra.

Goodbye, and best of luck with yer future endeavors y’all.

Adult comic book series.
I’d buy it. (I really would. In game cosmetics are one thing, but a real physical book promising new adventures in a universe I already enjoy is something completely different.)

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #161

My mind instantly went to the gutter before reading the rest, and yes, Toby was there…

Should i punish myself?

(Benedict's Glorious Wingspan) #162

Well considerin’ Finisci LIVE in the gutter…
I’m sorry. That was really… really poor taste. Like… that fish curry sh*t ya made last night…

NOVA:
Isn’t putting up with Benedict’s ■■■■■■■■ punishment enough?

EDIT: Wait a minute… that wasn’t fish curry was it?

NOVA EDIT:
It was not. Ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha… ahahahahahahahahahahaha… AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

EDIT: Nova, I hate you so G****mn much sometimes it’s unbelievable.

(Not a "Li'l Assbirb!") #163

Smiles maliciously.

Nope! I made it from some stuff i found lying around my home. You know… The gutter…?

Oh, and industrial strength X-Lax. Good thing you wear a diaper, Bene-DICK!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

(Benedict's Glorious Wingspan) #164

YOU LIVE ON NOVA!!! And… uh-oh…

CRAP!!!

LITERALLY!!!

AWAY MESSAGE ACTIVATED:
Benedict will be unable to post for a while due to… indigestion. Deal with it.

(Insanity Incarnate ) #165

As someone who has been here since the beginning (closed technical test) I love this game. I have so much fun playing it. I just wish it could’ve been more successful like it deserved. It hurts to read This but the servers staying up helps.
Thanks @Jythri for everything