A Modest Proposal: Permit those who got ripped off to return BL3 for a full refund

they already fix it. don’t rely to much on support, they can only do as much.

what did you lose btw, we can mail you some gears.

4 Likes

Uhm…

What was it they “already fix”…?

I just checked, and the 1.06 didn’t fix jack; at least, not on my PS4. I even set up a new character: nope, bugs all still there.

And no worries: I gave up on their support some time ago. Utterly useless. I’m talking about addressing the company themselves.

Perhaps I should start researching & then posting the info for their Resident Agent, to make it easier for anyone who’d like to contact them officially, via USPS…

And honestly? They’ve jerked me around so much at this point, they can…well, for the sake of decorum, I’m not going to say what they can do with their gears >;)

“what did you lose” – about a hundred US dollars.

The only thing acceptable at this point (as they glibly ignored all my other suggestions, e.g., giving bonuses or loot to those affected), is cold, hard cash. A 100% refund on their part for a game I paid a premium for, and which is now little more than a paperweight.

HTH,

~J

3 Likes

you’re main concern is the bank glitch right? and they fixed it already.

1 Like

Really?

I can post screencaps and (I think) even videos that would show differently…

I permitted it to update the other day, went into the game, had the same issue with my character. Made a new one: same issue.

The animation even remains incorrect (hitting L3 makes the right thumb on the ECHO device move, but I still can’t tag, for example).

Did this fix things for others on PS4? I’d be curious to know if it did.

If I am, magically, the sole person this issue still impacts, then, TBH, that should make things very easy for Gearbox: then, they only have to refund one (1) person their money.

Easy peasy :wink:

~J

2 Likes

oh, you mean inventory tagging? yeah i would like for it to return,

but IMO it is not game breaking to the point that it is unplayable.

4 Likes

Well, I, and what would appear to be a number of others, would appear to disagree; vide any of the number of threads already begun here in these forums, then perhaps check out the subReddit…

So, for those of us who HAVE found it to be a show-stopper (and I recommend you give that thread a read, if nothing else)…uhm, it kinda is.

Anyhoo, my point of starting this thread wasn’t to debate the merits of GB fixing/not fixing stuff; that’s been done to death elsewhere in these forums.

If you aren’t interested in what I’m using this thread to discuss, that’s fine; just…don’t.

Take care,

~J

~J

1 Like

They admitted in the day 30 patch this was an error and plan to fix it in a near patch. I believe the tagging will come back tomorrow if all goes well

crossing fingers that other things don’t break in the process!!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m all out of faith on that point.

I suppose we shall see. Not exactly holding my breath, as nothing they’ve done to date has engendered any real confidence, so, I’m still at the point where just getting a complete refund remains the most obvious and satisfactory answer.

~J

1 Like

ok. well good luck to you, hope you get your money back.

2 Likes

Thanks, though given the quality of GB’s treatment to date (of both this issue, and myself), I can’t imagine I ever will.

Still, worth a shot, and if they don’t (which, let’s be real: they won’t), I’ll just post very honest reviews everywhere I can.

Nice thing about being able to write fast…that’s easy for me :wink:

Of course, if a few thousand+ people join in doing so…eh, maybe that’ll at least prompt them to do the right thing. It can’t hurt.

Take care,

~J

Well I hope You get Your money back but I wouldn’t count on that.
Most of the sites/devs offer refund for 14 days after product purchase or if You played it less than 2 hours.
From what I can see here I’m sure You played at least 20+

From MINE PoV it looks like buying microwave, using it everyday for a month and then return it asking for 100% price worth because You felt that You don’t want to use it anymore.

2 Likes

Every person that plays on PS4 has the marking problem. I am going to guess you will have a hard time finding a following that deems it gamebreaking and worthy of a refund. Most of us see it as a minor inconvenience that we know will be fixed…

4 Likes

You can tag things if it is equipped (at least I can on PS4). I haven’t ever had the bank issue. Yes the game has glitches for sure, but nothing to a point where I don’t play it. I hope many of the issues that I consider small hindrances will be resolved today in the patch.

2 Likes

I’m still not following. Ripped off how?

1 Like

I was confused by this in the OP too. I thought it was gonna be another post about game breaking glitches or nerfs, but it seems to be just the one smaller issue, and likely the least frustrating thing I’ve experienced in a decently long list of frustrations.

If they fixed half the other things and this wasn’t included in the fixes, I’d probably be okay----i think.

1 Like

As long as the tagging bug is around, I just tag the legendaries I want to keep through the vendor. It stil works that way.

I can’t diagree with the people who are weary of things unintentionally breaking through patches though. It is a tradition that shouldn’t keep happening.

1 Like

so let me clarify - not being able to tag items while they are in your inventory has made you feel ripped off?

as has been mentioned it was unintended and presumable will be fixed in the 60 day patch that is incoming at any time.

just for info - you can tag items while you are using a vending machine or looking at your items in the bank ui, well at least it works for me.

1 Like

Remember this fiasco well because when you buy a game, this is the ■■■■ you’ll get. Developers and Publishers are more interested in their bottom line than having a bug free game. My advice, that I didn’t follow, wait six months next time.

1 Like

Yeah, but in a looter shooter that has lots of junk breaking that functionality seems pretty goddamn unplayable.

i am sorry but i am a bit autistic and take words literally, so when i read comments such as “unplayable” and then find i can play the game perfectly fine it doesnt compute lol.

1 Like