A question for ps4 players

so recently there has been an influx of at least a handful of above average players on xb1 coming over from ps4. I am trying to understand a few things I am seeing that I typically only see from inexperienced or non competitive players. These players, to the best of my understanding, do not meet either of those criteria. I played a few of them in consecutive games only to see literally backdooring in 4v5’s for the majority of the game, symbiotic gauntlets, beatrix pics, etc… Now I see those things in players that are just straight pub players, and obviously expect it. But I do not see that among experienced players in 4v5’s, or any game for that matter.

Is this how people play on ps4? Is it kind of just a no holds barred kind of game all the time?

1 Like

Not quite sure what you are saying in the post, but I sense it’s just a bunch of stereotyping as to whether PS4 players play different than Xbox players.

PS4 players have a (false) stereotype that xbox players are the more clueless ones and I’m pretty sure xbox players also have a (false) stereotype that ps4 players are the more clueless ones.

9 Likes

4 vs 5’s?

How?

When?

Why?

1 Like

Please don’t take the actions of a small group of players to represent the whole of the ps4 community.

7 Likes

As far as I know (which usually isn’t very much these days), the PS4 community is starting to dwindle and a lot of players might be seeking refuge from some of the more competitive Premades and groups on PS4 (again what do I know, it’s just what I think might be happening).

I know I certainly wouldn’t get another console to play this game through again, as much fun as it can be, there would be no way in HELL I would buy this game a second time.

2 Likes

people leaving matches.

that is why I was asking. I was considering getting a ps4 and playing against whoever the well known teams are over there. There are already a few of my friends doing the same. I just don’t want to run into that stuff. It would totally ruin the experience. Do you guys regularly hard pick monuments every game the way xb always plays overgrowth?

Lol, what’s Monuments? (a joke because once in a while we play Monuments out of every 10-15 overgrowth matches and god forbid we get the fated Echelon match)

2 Likes

that actually makes sense. They were doing things that someone who may have a history of getting bullied would do lol.

2 Likes

I saw these guys no joke pick monuments 5x today. Obviously it was because of their playstyle with the benedict with symbiotic, and constant backdooring, but every game?

1 Like

Monuments is bae!

Far and away the funnest Incursion.

Overgrowth is tired, played out, overdone.

Echelon is the PERFECT map for my main main ERNEST and my beloved Slow Egg.

Can you explain your reasoning for monuments being the best?

that you, what, place behind a corner where it can’t be hit but allows it to overextend to the other side through a wall and slow the entire wave and or team? that is truly very classy.

There is a reason why overgrowth is played out, it is because it is a balanced map. Monuments plays out almost like a meltdown match. People coming from all over the place, flanking behind people in stealth, always backdooring…

Monuments and Overgrowth are two different worlds of strategy. You gotta learn to appreciate both of them equally :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I cant speak for xbox, but on PS4, Echelon is rarely, if ever chosen. It’s chosen …just like 10% of the time.

Monuments is bae!

Far and away the funnest Incursion.

Overgrowth is tired, played out, overdone.

Echelon is the PERFECT map for my main main ERNEST and my beloved Slow Egg.

2 Likes

In the OP’s defense though, the number of toxic, go-full-meta-hard-cc-abusing-hyper-aggressive-go-ham-as-■■■■-right-off-the-bat-no-matter-who-they-are-playing, premades is growing steadily larger, or, at least, there SEEM to be a lot more of them as these 5-10 super toxic try hard groups slowly but surely drive the rest of the player base away.

Myself and the number of other decent, honourable, able to actually relax and have fun non hardcore matches players is sadly shrinking by the day.

If these toxic a*sholes are indeed spreading over to xBone in search of fresh blood to abuse, that is truly disgusting.

I can only hope one day they turn on each other in a frenzy of toxic blood when they are the only players left.

@loving-hatred

5 Likes

But economic domination pendles! D:

2 Likes

@loving-hatred

That was awesome, man.

Please read the other post in this thread I tagged you in.

1 Like

lol thats a ridiculous question :smile:

1 Like

What’s honor? I fight dirty remember?

to be honest though, the “sharks” as I will refer to them from here out will end up continuing as they are all that’s left, even in our community we have a divided house.

I’m treating battleborn how I treated who I hung out with in the navy, there’s groups I don’t match with schedule wise but would happily group up with when our schedules miraculously aligned,

then there’s the “associates” who I will be around due to common acquaintances but observe until I decide whether I want them near me or not(if I don’t want them near me I’ll keep contact info because I can always use more in my network)

Then we have my actual friends(the ones who I go out of my way to be around)

So I’m being more discerning in my groups because I’m tired of running into sharks on my own team(it bugs me more being on their team than being on the opposite side from them)

But the OP seems to be trying to say ps4’s playerbase is somehow inferior because he played some people that didn’t match his view of tactics/skill

4 Likes