A reason NOT to surrender (I believe in you buddy!)

Everyone has their issues with surrender, it’s generally a topic filled with negativity…

But I thought I might write a topic (inspired by @shinobido101 from another one of my topics) about why you ‘dont’ need to surrender, or should at least reconsider it…

Matchmaking isn’t great right now (or, is it…?) many dislike their win/loss ratio, rolling their eyes at their team selections, throwing other players under the bus before admitting their own failed tactics…

The players wanting rewards/bonuses for the team that was surrendered to - the winning team (also would be good)…

And many have called for a tutorial for the newbies whom enter matches, so they can get an idea on what the ins and outs of the game are (agree, this would be great)…

But while it’s good and all to be taught what the objective is in the game, there is no way to learn ‘how to take down your opponent’…

So, before you reach for that surrender option because you are getting your badass butt kicked…

THIS IS THE TIME, KILL EACH OTHER!

Losing is no better time to learn how to take down your nemesis…
Losing is no better time to practice running around the map to know its every nook and cranny…
Losing is no better time to try your skills out and really get a grip on a character and it’s different tactics within whatever match you are playing…

Losing doesn’t have to be this thing everyone keeps trying so desperately to run away from (it just wants some love)…
Because chasing after the win is so much better (hey, no means no)…

If you are only having fun when you are winning (because it is fun to win!)…
then you must have a life that is full of sunshine lollipops and rainbows my friend!

Because reality is, you face some bummed out times in life, and in gaming… Gotta learn to flip something you don’t like (losing) into something you do like (can’t win, own a competitor!)…

So to anyone who takes the time to read this, I thank thee for your consideration… (And time, it’s long… Certainly time)…

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna turn around and surrender!..

No amount of bots will do it…
That sentry ain’t gonna rebuild its self…
And there just aren’t enough points to capture…

But you ‘can’ still have fun with it…
Because fun ‘should’ be the main objective…
And the only way to lose that one, is ‘you’.

Seriously though, it doesn’t need to be an option (all the time… I know you are still going to do it, okay)…
Your team can suck, but you… You can seek your revenge in whatever time you have left (and learn some stuff).

14 Likes

Attikus: Let their souls be punished!

2 Likes

I’m totally gonna get this tattooed. Thinking a full back piece in old english calligraphy just to be as cliche as possible :laughing:

2 Likes

Hear hear!!! Great topic, it was about time for some PvP-positivity! :heart:

2 Likes

I like it! Yeah, you learn much more losing than winning. And who knows, if you push hard enough, you may get a comeback. I know my last incursion game I lost, it till them a while to bring down that last turret, I was melting their groups as El Dragon, and we actually managed to push to their turret. Then a minion killed our last turret. :frowning:

2 Likes

I have been there many a time, haha…
Sometimes even making what seemed like an impossible turn around, actually possible…
Which probably had the ‘winning by a long shot’ team scratching their heads (or pulling their hair out) about ‘what happened?!’…
It’s okay now losing team… We too are questioning ‘what happened?!’ in our now victory!

I know there are players out there whom hate the player (players) that votes down the surrender… And yes, ITS ME!

I’m the annoying soul that makes you put on your big boy pants and suck it up to the end… Please don’t hate me.

PS: thanks for the positive feedback thus far everyone! (I welcome all opinions, even if I can’t convince someone whom doesn’t feel the same as I) :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Believe in the me that believes in you!

2 Likes

I agree entirely. I made a post about it, in much fewer words, over on reddit. It’s frustrating to be in 9 out of 10 games ending in a surrender. I don’t understand the ‘rush’ to the next game. If you aren’t prepared to lose then why are you in the queue? And it’s extremely frustrating when people either; surrender as soon as to score is tipped or JUST before a match ends. Imagine if sports teams quit like this. I don’t think it would go over very well.

2 Likes

I hate to loose but I far more hate to give in or give up. The taste of giving up is…UWARGGHHH. Loosing tastes like dust, granted. But I rather die 25 times, yelling at my screen, than to surrender - what are respawns for?!

So far I died. I died hard. But strangely the others in our team seem not even to notice that. I guess if I had surrendered they had payed alot more attention to my deathcount.
What I try to say is: Most pople seem to surrender so noone sees how bad they are, while it triggers exactly the opposite effect.

And this:

2 Likes

I understand when you’re playing against a team that’s so good and coordinated that you actually cannot do anything. That just isn’t fun to play against, but surrendering just because you don’t want to lose kinda sucks. (I’ve been on both sides of pub stomps quite a bit few times)

2 Likes

I know them feels. I just set myself time goals, like try to stay alive for at least 2 minutes. Perception of success depends on the definition. Change your goals and you’ll find a modicum of success in everything you do. This isn’t something BB specific, you can apply this thought process to any facet of life in general

2 Likes

I one time played against a team in capture, and two of my team mates left, and they would literally kill us as soon as we jumped down from our base.

2 Likes

Yep played in that exact scenario as well. Outback map, jump down the cliff and land straight into their Marquis’ temporal AoE and owls while he sniped, and their Rath and Reyna combo would hide behind a large rock until they popped out to finish us off. It sucked for me but I couldn’t help but laugh at their ingenuous tactics. It was a brilliant play on their part. It was my first time on that map too so it was mostly my fault for not realising there were other ways to enter the map outside of that cliff drop. I don’t particularly like capture though so I don’t play it much at all.

1 Like

I also know this pain…
I know the hot plate is hot, but I keep on touching it… Burned burned burned!
And I just know the opposite team is thinking ‘what an idiot’, and is laughing their heads off… Boost thy ego I will, boost thy ego!

But most certainly, reach for surrender if you have given it a good shot… A team of 1 (when no one else is trying) can’t beat a team of 5 that continuously sticks together (but I try, boy do I try…).

1 Like