While farming for Whitting’s Elephant Gun from Skagzilla, I recorded data of a few variables for each individual attempt. This includes whether or not Whitting’s Elephant Gun dropped and how many weapons/items Skagzilla dropped (Attempt 10-309 only).
I also exported the part data for each Whitting’s Elephant Gun obtained to a spreadsheet to try to get an idea of the rarity of individual parts. Since each part other than the body and accessory is either locked or unique, those parts are omitted.
I also, for comparison, collected data on the part rarity of Whitting’s Elephant Gun’s given as a mission reward for completing “Big Game Hunter” (completed and turned in on PT2.5).
"Big Game Hunter" Mission Reward Table
EDIT: Adding variance table to show difference in Whitting’s Elephant Gun’s obtained each 100 attempts.
Using this data and inferring from experience, I have made these conclusions:
- Parts with higher rarity level are more rare.
- Skagzilla’s AwesomeLevel is 4.
- Skagzilla (in single-player) drops 3 weapons/items at a ratio of around 2:1 (weapons:items).
- Skagzilla has around a 10% chance (Maybe?) to drop Whitting’s Elephant Gun. More attempts may be necessary to get a more accurate estimate.
- The level distribution of Whitting’s Elephant Gun’s dropped by Skagzilla is around even between level 66-68.
- Skagzilla has a chance (I would estimate between 10-20%) to drop explosive Eridian relics.
- Skagzilla can also drop explosive Eridian relics, among other relic types, as part of the guaranteed 3 weapons/items, though much less frequently.
- There doesn’t seem to be a conclusive difference between part rarity of Whitting’s Elephant Gun’s obtained from this mission and Skagzilla, despite the difference in AwesomeLevel (13 and 4, respectively). It seems Whitting’s Elephant Gun’s obtained from this quest are always locked to level 40 in PT2/2.5, so I suppose this information is unimportant at endgame.
- The probably desired body4/acc4_heavy variant of Whitting’s Elephant Gun is quite rare.