A simple solution to making it desirable to fight anointed

I’ve noticed people seem to think the anointed are not worth the time it takes to kill them.

What if Gearbox made it so 100% of the guns that drop from them are anointed weapons?

They might still be white, green, blue, etc…but if you’re playing on MH4, any world drops are more likely to be purple or orange.

Thoughts?

4 Likes

I always thought Anointed weapons should only drop from Anointed enemies and Bosses.

3 Likes

Agreed especially in MH1+ and TVHM. The only time they shouldn’t is in the first run through of the story.

3 Likes

I mean, they are called annointed…

Seriously though, they have been imbued with Siren energy by Troy(annointed as it is) to be stronger enemies, so it does make sense that they would drop annointed weapons

Perhaps they would have to slightly decrease the frequency of them, so as not to flood players but not by much, because there are a LOT of differently annoints.

3 Likes

this is a great idea, if we have to deal with em at least make it worth it.

2 Likes

I know, right?

It makes sense both in a gamist way (i.e. fight anointed because they’re hard, but you get better rewards) and a flavor kind of way (i.e. Anointed are imbued with Siren energy/eridium, so their drops are siren/anointed/eridium related as well).

As Clay would say: “Smooth operator”.

2 Likes