Dear Gearbox and Battleborn Dev Team,
I am but a humble Battleborn fan within the community and enjoy the game so dearly. However there are somethings that I disagree upon when it comes to the actual game. Also there are things that I wanted to be in the game, but it seems that those ideas either have been forgotten or ISIC must have deleted those ideas. The reason why I’m writing this would be the simple fact that the state of Battleborn is right now. The game’s losing players and it is slowly dying due to how many players are on the game and most are pros by now. This is bad for the new guys that plan to play Battleborn due to that the pros would have something that the new guys don’t have experience with the game. However it is time to tell my, more or less, ten detailed ways to help Battleborn in its current condition.
• Fixing the issue of skins within Battleborn – Let me explain before you go ahead and start a big fuss on “why should we, there is no issue” so hear me out. Skins at the point are way too expensive for these points: one you’re making them almost expensive as an operation within Battleborn at this point and two some of the skins that are claimed to be tier three are only tier two with a price of a tier three skin. This is a problem due to that it makes it more of an anti-consumer system and it also discourages people to buy the game due to the methods that are presented within the main game. I would propose that you make the skins lower in price so that everyone has a chance to get at least a skin that they want. A more detail example of this would be like this:
Tier two skins = 0.75$
Tier three skins = 1.50$
Tier four skins (if any) = 2.25$
Skins part will come back within another point that I will be making within this proposal.
• Redoing and reimaging some of the bosses – This is something that everyone should be agreeing upon. Not only the bosses within this game feel lack luster, there were bosses that just felt like the same boss only a bit harder to deal with then your everyday thrall, or veralci. The bosses that do feel different are only but a hand full, but there’s one that I shall not speak of that is a pain to get through, hint Archive mission. I would put in my thoughts that I would recommend but that would take too long to get through.
• A Battleborn workshop and Battleborn Creation Kit – I told you that skins will come back plus some other ideas. This will help out with both the game and the community due to that it gets players more engaged with the game and the community and more players means that it’s less likely that they will end up meeting a team of pros. Now about the Battleborn Creation Kit, it is essentially a way to make skins, taunts, enemy types, maps, and full campaigns to share with in the Battle workshop on steam or the new Battleborn Community Hub that could be created. The Battleborn Community Hub is a place where you can submit works to if you don’t have steam, here you can test and rate other people’s work and it’s simple: first have Battleborn on your X-Box or Play Station, then use your account name, it would state to create a new password follow it, it would now verify that you do have Battleborn installed, after that submit a work that you created. The profit that would be made from the works that are accepted one third of the money would be given to the creator of the skin, taunt, or full campaign. Enemies and maps will be paid based on how complex and detailed the map or enemies are.
Tier two skin = 0.75$ which the person gets 0.25$ back for every purchase of that skin
Tier three skins = 1.50$ which the person gets 0.50$ back for every purchase of that skin
Tier four skins = 2.25$ which the person gets 0.75$ back for every purchase of that skin
Taunts = 3.00$ which a person gets 1.00$ back for every purchase of that taunt
Campaigns (8 maps or more) = 7.50$ which a person gets 2.50$ back for every purchase of that campaign
Operations (have to be very detailed) = 1.50$ which the person gets 0.50$ back for every purchase of that Operation.
The cash that the person receives can be converted either as steam money, put into a PayPal (this is optional), or into Platinium for Battleborn.
• Making Battleborn FREE – You all known that I was going to pull this one up my sleeve so going to make this one clear as possible and short and sweet. Going free-to-play isn’t a bad thing at all. Games such as Dota II, Paladins, and Team Fortress 2 are all free to play styles and TF2 was not a free-to-play game at first. Sure TF2 player base has dropped over the month since Overwatch and dev fails of TF2 but it still stood the test of time. It is also a good way to get players into the game so that more people can tell how good it is. For those who bought the game should be rewarded with the skins and taunts already within the Platinium market.
• The LLC Battle Arena – Now I’m getting to the more interesting topics that I have instore. The LLC Battle Arena combines the style of gameplay like the Arena from the Kirby series and more competitive base and random and difficult than that style of gameplay. Think about a boss rush mode with a touch of endless mode. This place is where you can fight bosses and earn loot from both the bosses and the round that you are currently on. The competitive part comes from the highest rounds that a person has completed during a season. The prizes will be based upon how many players are on Battleborn and will fluctuate from time to time. Bosses will be from both campaigns, Operations, and sometimes by the Devs them self.
• All Characters unlocked and other free Characters – I already known about Battleborn’s all core characters unlocked from the start but that’s probably not going to cut it. It’s not that it may not work to get people back but it’s more anti-consumer if you do it like that. It’s like saying that there something for free in a video game and not telling them they have to work for it for fifth-teen whole days. I’m trying to propose that all characters, DLC or not, should be free for a multiplayer game no matter what. I also have some great character concepts most from myself and some from the community that I think would be great for Battleborn’s growth within the gaming world. This would bring the amount of Battleborn from thirty to forty but I will only name six due to that I’m still looking for good concepts for both the U.P.R. and the Jenerit rebels. Characters that I created are still being debated upon their kits.
Hellhound (other persons idea) Create your own Battleborn - a complete character creation section
LLC (Last Light Consortium)
• Vary Character Moves better – This may be me but I really dislike having characters (3-5 character to be specific) to have the same non-varying moves. Six characters within Battleborn have a dash attack and one of them is ISIC. I simple solution to the problem would be changing the repeating moves, or moves that feel too similar, into moves/attacks that feel more to their style of combat. Characters may need to have a little rework within their kit not because they are overpowered but more of lines of their lack within the battle field like Montana which that I would recommend having a way to switch fire and ice bullets manually at any time.
I know that this is not ten points but some count as two points in one so I’ll let you figure out which is which. Look the point that I’m putting out is that you could incorporate these ideas within Battleborn so that more players can be going in to Battleborn and having a good time.