About the General - Games and Tech category

Video games, tech support, cool devices, etc - put all your tech-related discussion in here.

I used to be a huge fan of Gearbox Software when you were still faithful to the original design of the Brothers in Arms games. I feel that you had the best intentions with the Furious 4 game; but in all actuality, I personally felt it was a slap in the face to everyone who came to love the original series featuring Matt Baker and Red Hartsock (sp?).

Brothers in Arms went from being a game experience that prided itself on authenticity; lifelike characters that players literally came to love; and faithfulness to history, geography, and accuracy. And Furious 4 piggybacked off of a great game system’s concept offering none of the original features that fans of the original series had come to love. Many of us have wondered why you even bothered to label it as Brothers in Arms at all.

My word of advice would be for you to go back to that original franchise. If you feel the need to change the concept, simply change the war. The Korean War, World War One, and the Civil War are wars that have not yet been touched too much in the video gaming industry. Or maybe you can change it to the Vietnam War or maybe even bring it into the modern era. But maintain the same authenticity that originally did when you created the first three games of the original cannon, and you will be successful. It will be a win/win for everyone concerned.

In short, I would love to see a FAITHFUL return to the ORIGINAL Brothers in Arms concept. I would really love to see a sequel to the Matt Baker / Red Hartsock storyline. Is Col. Antal still with you guys? If so, you cannot go wrong. If not, it should not be too hard to bring him back onboard. And if not him, it shouldn’t be too difficult to find another military advisor worth his salt.

I’ve not bought a game from you guys since “Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway”. I still play the three main games of the BIA series, waiting and hoping for another return back to the glorious design. I hope you guys will be bringing it back sooner rather than later, if at all.

Take care, and best of luck!