About the "MOBA- like" mode in battleborn

Hi fellow gearbox fans,
I know some of you may already think this topic is not relevant because im one of the few people who actually think this game could partly be considered a MOBA but please hear me out. Im an avid fan of League of Legends and the Borderlands series, and so it was quite obvious from the start i would buy this game. I decided to do some research and went to the (by the way fantastic) official website for Battleborn. I wanted to find out which modes there are in the game and found out about the “Incursion mode” which states the following: “Teams of heroes must defend their base from waves of AI-controlled minions while working together alongside their own minions to destroy their opponent’s base.” Now that sounds very much like a moba to me but then i noticed that the game was an FPS of sorts. And so ive wondered how that mode might function, since in LoL the Champions have a limited range so they can kill the minions while not being able to deal damage to opposing champions. But in this case most of the so far revealed Heroes are ranged and can easily take you out if you try to kill the minions with, lets say phoebe. Now i wonder if you get bonus exp or currency ( i dont know if there is any or if it has already been revealed please tell me) for killing the minions like in other MOBAs because if not i think the minions would be completely irrelevant to the fight and it would make more sense to remove them entirely. What do you guys think about this? Sorry for any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language. Thanks for reading :smile:

1 Like

I’m excited to see how they make it work, but right now its mostly guess work.

1 Like

I can’t remember exactly what video or article it was that discussed the Incursion mode (Game Informer August 2014 maybe?), but I believe it was mentioned that the minions would be essential in assisting the players take down the pair of spider mechs that guard the enemy base due to the mechs’ extremely strong shields. If I recall correctly, when the spiders’ shields are up they are extremely difficult (impossible even? Not sure) for players to damage, but once the shields are down a coordinated effort from players can finish the mechs off.

Of course I could be wrong or not remembering correctly; but I believe I heard/read that somewhere in/from an official interview with Gearbox. Apologies if I’m mistaken and that I can’t recall the exact source of this information at this time…

1 Like

ok thanks so it is different

1 Like

I think it may have been explained in this podcast.
If it wasn’t, my bad (still a good listen though).

1 Like