About the new "Primed" Taunt

(Master of Lore) #1

Is it nerve or nerf? Can it be said “You nerve me” as in “You annoy me”?

Cause if not THATS some bad pun for you…

One of her Lines would be “Who seeks to nerf the Wraith?”

Imagine that line coming out in PvP… you get a kill and it’s followed by that line while Taunting. It seems to be really mean. Almost as much as the Oscar Mike callout " Rage Quit. You know you wanna."

Good Sportsmen would chuckle at this, but I don’t believe that there are many that would chuckle at this.

3 Likes
(Ambra's Arbiter) #2

Taunts have a history of being infuriating. This includes Toby’s and the one Reyna one.
Also Benedict. Not his taunts, just literally him.

6 Likes
(Aurox, omnidimensional horror) #3

It’s a game, they need to get over that stuff, I would just laugh at it,especially oscar mikes

1 Like
(PSN:Santbech_2038) #4

Hahahaha even benedict dosent like benedict

2 Likes
(Skeksis Syl) #5

I think that’s the point of the taunt. These new ones seem incredibly more “aware” of things. People who don’t think she is gratuitously op (like me) will probably think it’s funny if they know the whole Galilea conundrum.

I would be much more upset at thorns taunt

(The Red Bar Observer) #6

It sounds like dialogue I’d have written for her, haha.

(AkuTheWicked) #7

Actually he does, there’s a line when he meets a enemy Benedict that goes “Well who’s this handsome fella?” Not even himself is enough to hurt his ego.

1 Like
(Penguin connoisseur.) #8

There are only three reasons to taunt:

1. You like the way it looks, and sort of treat it as a reward to yourself for getting the kill. I believe this to be the main intent for taunts in Battleborn, as the user gets to enjoy the show as well. The fact that there are buyable taunts supports this theory, in my opinion; why have the option to buy a taunt that YOU enjoy, unless taunts were intended to be “all in good fun”.

2. As a strategic maneuver to incite the enemy team into focusing on killing you, so that your team can push. I freely admit that i have used this tactic to great effect with Toby; because the only thing more annoying to some players than getting killed by a sniper, is having him taunt you afterwards. The fact that Toby is an adorable cartoon penguin saying “I believe in you, buddy; you’re doing great!” makes it that much worse. What the players who finally DO kill me as my team attacks thier sentry usually fail to understand, is that by the time they counter-taunt me, i have already won…

3: General obnoxiousness.

None of these reasons are necessary “wrong” or “bad”, though i do realize that some people here are probably thinking that reasons 2 and 3 are the same, and that is fine if that is thier opinion. Me? My idea of honor extends no further than not spawn-trapping or pub-stomping new or inexperienced players because, to me, there is no honor in a mis-matched fight under my skill-level. Screwing with the emotions of an equal or greater skilled fighter? Fair game.

1 Like
(PSN:Santbech_2038) #9

If benedict kills benedict, what does he say?

(Skeksis Syl) #10

This. I don’t taunt a lot but I will very occasionally if i am a counter to a character. Just killed a rath? Well now you get to see Montana spanning his butt. And you what? They often will come back straight for me lol. Which means I have won.

If I get taunted I get a little notebook out and go “ok… Kill character X at next tactically sound interval” and that usually works out pretty decently

3 Likes
(Penguin connoisseur.) #11

Haha, i’ve only ever felt the need to go after Marquis players that taunt me, myself; what a delightful bit of irony that the method i use myself is my one taunt weakness, eh? A Marquis back in the days of The Great Cheesefest is what got me doing it myself; took my Toby right out of the match and we lost. Twice. Coincidence? Probably; but OH, did that Matquis pay when i switched to Benedict the next match… We lost that one too, but I won! (Not really; that’s just what the players who who finally counter thier taunter think).

There’s a saying that is most apt: “Lose your head, and your ass will follow.”

(Lior) #12

2 for me. At first I felt bad… but then I was “wtf, the taunts are really fun to look at and I want to use them in game soooo” then I realized that I loved actually fighting people and having them COME AT ME so I taunt to get them to continue to actually play against me. I don’t even mind dying and getting taunted back. Just fight me dammit lol.

1 Like
(Lior) #13

Kill that Battlborn with Deande and use “The List”. “Aannd check”

(AkuTheWicked) #14

Damn I have to get you back on that one haven’t catched what he says.

(Jennerit Supremacist) #15

It’s something along the lines of, “there’s no way that was me, I’m way more handsome than that”.