Actually valuable zane feedback for gearbox. no buff suggestions only fixes

I approve this massage.

Out of about 4-5 times of trying to use it, I haven’t gotten Old-U to work even once. I had a feeling the skill was broken. This might explain it.

1 Like

These changes seem good. Your “attitude” is fine. The devs should be fixing these things anyway. What would their endgame be, to leave a character with broken skills because people were mean?

Sure, they have our money and are under no obligation to do anything (technically). But if they stand by their product (as any decent company should), they’ll fix these things.

i tried to convey it as not fixes or change but things they should look into if they are not aware of.

me and tons of people could suggest both buffing and fixing solutions as well as whole damn skill tree redesigns :d but this is no way communicatable. We are right now just saying “hey guys things might not be what you intended it to be, could you look into it? thank you very much” type of message. they way they are handling moze’s vampyr right now to me is a very bad vibe overall, like yes character has monstrous DPS but to have her sustain skill so niche and then make it work even worse and leave i there. Well they have hard time hotfixing what was changed by a patch so things really take long time. But as randy said himself they can not look into fraction of the amount of thnigs community does in a week. So what we did is we looked into every skill augment and action skill and deduced that some things there are very poorly working right now and we hope that maybe they would also be like " yeah that kinda makes no sense let’s fix it" devs may very well tell us that picking up barrier is already OP and transferring augment bonuses is a no no, all we can do is hope we reach them, i don’t even care if it will have an effect or not. To me it is enough that a single person from dev team loads onto zane and specs into bad dose in god mode and observes it for 5 minutes and he will be like, damn this thing ain’t doin jack :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this. Zane bug fixes are a top priority for me.

1 Like

YESSS

Zane

• SNTL damage scale increased by 2% per level
  • Donnybrook, Pocket Full of Grenades, Cool Hand, Violent Violence, and Violent Speed bonuses now stack twice
  • Fixed Violent Momentum to scale more at higher movement speeds
  • Best Served Cold radius and damage increased by 2% per level
  • Confident Confidence increased max weapon damage bonus from 20% to 35%
  • Changed Trick of the Light element to Cryo and increased bonus from 18% to 36%
  • Borrowed Time duration increased from 15% to 30% per active skill
  • Double Barrel 's bonus increased from 20% to 25%
  • Quick Breather now restores 50% of the clone’s health after a swap
  • Pocket Full of Grenades bonus slightly decreased from 6.5% to 5% as it now stacks
  • Violent Violence bonus slightly decreased from 4% to 3% as it now stacks
1 Like

i am happy they touched on confident competence and a lot of skills original thread was saying needed buffs especially cool hand trick of the light etc but they still never addressed weakest link for zane that is SNTNL augments

1 Like

Rome wasn’t built in a day as they say.

Huge steps in the right direction, nay, leaps.

2 Likes

So, what is remaining then?

I like what they did with Quick Breather. +50% health to clone when you swap.

Not a game changer (Especially at high Mayhem or “big boss” ) but it should help. Imaginative.

All of Zane’s damage buffs are conditional. I would be curious to see the data of how much Zane gets played. From the time based in the forums he is the most likely character to illicit a response of “he’s too weak”, “I can’t kill anything”, and followed by either something to the effect of going back to another character or trying someone else. That barrier to entry is still there, though this was definitely a step forward. Still at work and I haven’t tested this yet, also I have seen reports the patch broke guardian ranks and old-U is not working either.

As stated above Rome wasn’t built in a day, but we are moving in the right direction.

1 Like

funny how we have not moved an inch since ^^ good ol times

they tossed us seein dead and yeee haw the rest is a history with goated tier 5 skills like like a ghost nerves of steel and no ffyl dmg

Shhhhhh. They are too busy making mayhem of mayhem.

They took the easiest path and never went back to properly fix him.

Considering the mess mayhem 2.0 is I doubt we’ll see anything for Zane.

WIthout doubt Zane needs love. He has the LEAST amount of truly viable anoints in his pool and he has almost an entire skill tree that is either useless, broken or sub-great. His only good classmod is locked to a DLC and the thing he’s supposed to be best at aka moving fast, he isn’t even the fastest at… I mean come on dude lol He’s come a long way from the horrid launch Zane but lets be honest if it wasn’t for the clone right now (which doesn’t even always shoot at stuff, BOSSES included) we’d be super gimped in comparison to the other hunters.