Add on content not seen by game

Hi there, I am hoping someone will be able to help me here.
I am trying to help my son install ‘add-on’ content for his borderlands 2 game. But for some reason it doesn’t work.

We have two PS3 systems.
NB: The following discs were bought from a common retail gaming store found in most major shopping centers in Australia.

I first bought a retail disc that was simply called ‘Borderlands 2 add on content pack’. This featured two map packs.
Following the instructions it said to install the ‘patch’ (on the disc) and then to install the following add on content. Once done, restart the PS3 with the original disc and that is it. The game should find the content.
But it didn’t. The PS3 did however find the content and then it updated the ‘patch file’. It was, I think, a 650mb file.
I deleted it all and then re-installed it all. Still no go.
So i took it back to the store but they couldn’t help me. But instead they swapped it for the GOTY disc.

This disc had only the 4 map packs and characters plus other content. No game disc inside.

Once again I did as above and once again it did not work. I deleted my game data and then reinstalled it all but sill nothing.

I have contacted Gearbox who said that this disc has already been used and it is no longer usable. The codes have been redeemed? Yet, the disc or system never asked for codes at any time.

When starting Borderlands 2 game and going to a ‘Travel point’ you can see the new travel zones but with an asterisk next to the names. When clicking on these a message appears saying that we do not have them and need to go to the PS3 store to purchase. When going to the store it says they are not available and to check back later. (Meaning never)

So the discs were returned and now we are back to square one.

Now I won’t pretend to know anything about this stuff and it has been really frustrating but it seems getting any clear information about add-on content either on the internet, Playstation store or Game shops is really really hard.

My son would like to be able to get the level cap opened to its highest level. 71? And also to have the map packs including craig? I don’t know. Some psycho character.

So I have seen that there is a GOTY edition $40.00 Au, an Ultimate Edition $90.00 Au, a Borderlands Season Pass 2 edition $40 and an Ultimate Vault Hunter edition $8.00 (I may have got the prices skewed a little)

Obviously the Ultimate Edition is out. I already bought the game years ago. I don’t need it twice.
So how do I go about getting all the map packs and the levels opened and this psycho character?

I think that’s it. I am new to this PS3 stuff but am trying my best.

Thank you for any help that may be provided.

Well, the GOTY Edition is probably the best way to go, given it contains most of the additional content.
You’ll need to buy Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack Two: Digistruct Peak Challenge for getting to the highest possibly Level Cap (72/OP8).

Here’s an overview of the additional content:

GOTY Edition Content (click to expand)
  • Borderlands 2 Main Game
  • Four major DLCs:
    ‘Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty’
    ‘Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage’
    ‘Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt’
    ‘Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep’
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1 (raises Level Cap to 61)
  • Gaige the Mechromancer (Additional Character)
  • Krieg the Psycho (Additional Character)
  • The ‘Creature Slaughter Dome
  • The ‘Vault Hunter’s Relic
  • The ‘Gearbox Gun Pack
  • Heads and Skins included in the Collector’s Edition
  • One Golden Key

Additional Content NOT included in the GOTY Edition (click to expand)
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack Two: Digistruct Peak Challenge (raises Level cap to 72)
  • Headhunter Pack 1: T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest
  • Headhunter Pack 2: The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler
  • Headhunter Pack 3: How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day
  • Headhunter Pack 4: Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre
  • Headhunter Pack 5: Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax

I’m not exactly sure how the registration of the DLC content is supposed to work (I play on Xbox myself and bought all the DLCs separately), if it’s supposed to be installed from disc or merely unlocked in the store.
But I would guess that if the Addon disc in question has ‘already been used’, your PSN profile should theoretically have all the content registered.
You might want to check the content list above against the PSN Store, content that is already ‘owned’ should be downloadable.

If it turns out to be a problem with ‘owning’ content in the PSN Store and Gearbox Support can’t help you, you should contact PSN Support.

Hi there.
Thanks for the reply.
I did exactly as you had said before I had read your post. :slight_smile:
It had been along road to get what I was after. And a lot of back and forth between myself, EB Games, 2K and Sony.
Turns out that the bricks and motar store was selling incomplete game packs. E.g. A disc was missing.
Also the DLC disc is NOT compatible with any other game disc.
There are no codes for the GOTY disc version. Its just that you need both discs to play the game.
NB: when you use the GOTY disc, all of your other save files and progress from your previous disc are not available. You start from 0% again.
You can however upload a character from the previous Disc/game and then re-download it once you have started the GOTY Borderlands game. First make sure ALL add-on content has been downloaded first before uploading and then downloading the character. Otherwise it gets wiped and you have to re-do it anyway. This way you get everything open again…I think. As in missions being completed.

I wonder why I mention this now considering this is three years old and probably no one will ever need this info…haha. But there it is.

Oh, and PSN support could not help with any inquiries I had. Only connection issues not game related.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply Sm0kerCrew.

Hay I need help because my downloadable add on content for premiere club not working it saying the code I’d invalid or out dated and when I first got the game this cost me a lot of money please help me

1 Like