Advice on Build

I personally opt for Invictus in my build but that’s all personal preference. If you use Cryo a lot then it’s quite devastating to finish with. Its base element is Explosive plus whatever elements it is charged with from absorbing enemy fire.

The primary advantage of United Front is increasing your shield capacity. Pair that with a Turtle Shield and you’ll see a significant increase in your shield reserves. The shield recharge itself is pretty useful especially once you start drawing aggro via Prepare for Glory. You’ll get shot from all sides. If you aren’t investing heavily into Conduit, or even if you were, I would never consider United Front redundant.

Think of Storm Weaving as powering Maelstrom. Their potential is far greater than Omega-Senshu and Mercurial. But you should explore everything and find the style that suits you.

(Legendary Lunatic) #23

Actually I just respec’d again because I changed to a Punishing Cannoness COM. My build is now this:

I had to spec into something to get to WotG, hence the 4 in PfG. I could move those to Invictus, I guess. Or 3 of them. Hmm.

Edit: I changed again… I just love these games so much because so much can change with only moving a couple of points. Figured if I was going into Invictus it was an all or nothing skill so maxed it, ended up with this:

Cannoness is a good class mod but I would recommend using either a Dominator or Celestial Gladiator for that playstyle. Dominator for more burst DPS or Gladiator for more defense. But that’s if you plan on going all in on Xiphos.

1 Like
(Legendary Lunatic) #25

My intention was to start going into CS tree next. At least for Storm Weaving, Conduit, Unrelenting and Elemental Barrage. I’m not sure about what after that to be honest. I want a Celestial Gladiator COM but i’ve seen nothing above blues (that i’d want) so far.

Also, as an interesting side note, Athena has overtaken Jack as my highest level now at 40 :slight_smile:

(Maxageddon) #26

Three purple coms and some moonstones will guarantee you a celestial from the grinder. It doesn’t take that many moonstones to grind it out at a lower lever, and they last for a while before you need to update it.

(Legendary Lunatic) #27

Hey, I did what you said and got one. I changed my build accordingly to make the most of the skills, is this ok?

3 Likes
(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #28

I caught a glimpse of your build. You aren’t specc’d in the Maelstrom tree(far right). that Storm front isn’t being used to its fullest with out Maelstrom. :wink: it is one of the quickest stack builders.

edit: I guess I should have scrolled to the bottom before commenting. lol I noticed your build on the Bosun fight where i say you toss out some storm fronts. I had been meaning to tell you to get some Maelstrom. :slight_smile:

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #30

yah, I was reading through and should have jumped to the end to see if you updated. :wink: nice.

(Maxageddon) #31

That looks good

(Legendary Lunatic) #32

Ok thanks. A random thing happened… When checking my inventory I found a new Viral Marketer that was level 42, which is my level now. I don’t recall picking it up, indeed I didn’t know anything about it until I saw it. So my question is who drops it? Have I just picked it up by fluke and not noticed???

(Today, everything was fine in Opportunity and nothing bad happened.) #33

Viral Marketer is one of the many TPS legendaries that does not have a designated drop. Chances are you found it in a chest or perhaps did some grinding without really paying attention?

(Legendary Lunatic) #34

No. It is a random drop that i’ve hit reload while near it (like it sometimes picks stuff up that way) or it’s a total mystery.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #35

that i find underwhelming. It’s never performed to my liking. It’s grinder fodder in my game. lol

(Legendary Lunatic) #36

Zarp first stage didn’t like it much :wink:

Also Aspis + Nukem = devastating…

1 Like
(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #37

I’ve tried to make it perform to my liking with RK5 and then Felicity. I just have better tools to get the job done more efficiently. it is just underwhelming compared to other weapons/gear. And it doesn’t help that its element locked. only corrosive. :expressionless:

(Legendary Lunatic) #38

Nobody ever comments on the Striker but I love that shotgun so much in BL2 and TPS :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #39

I’m a huge Jakobs fan. became a fan in TPS, then went back to BL2 and got myself some Jakobs. :slight_smile: so good. The Flayer is epic in TPS. Before the Claptastic DLC, the best SG was the striker. now, its the Flayer. :wink:

I have a really nice luneshine Well Kept Striker i take for a spin every now and then.

1 Like
(Legendary Lunatic) #40

Well I don’t know where to get a Flayer, and don’t have one, however throw any old crap in the grinder and it gives me Strikers! :smiley:

I feel like Sledge’s Shotty should be Jakobs… I love that weapon too.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #41

I have a bunch of flayers and different levels. what level are you now? I am sure I can find one for ya. :slight_smile:

(Legendary Lunatic) #42

44 right now!