After new update Game isn't fun anymore, over Nerfed

After the newest update for the guardian takedown the game is just broken in a unfun way, it’s over nerfed, I play Zane, Moze, and Amara (YES GEARBOX MORE THAN JUST ONE CHARACTER OMG) I spent a lot of time farming to get the best gear on Mayhem 10 prior to this and that includes the Kaoson, Sandhawk, and Yellowcake. Two of those weapons are high Mayhem drops only which makes them a harder drop already and I put a lot of time into farming which is what this whole franchise is about -farm to get good powerful guns and not taking itself too seriously but, now the guns are constantly nerfed and “rebalanced” in a coop PVE game to the point that the game itself just feels nudered. Guns shouldnt be nerfed to uselessness at mayhem 10 which is the level i farmed them…weapons on level should deal damage and give a sense of power appropriate to the difficulty at which theyre are earned. I’ve been a longtime fan of this franchise buying each game and full DLC since the first Borderlands first came out back when I was in college, I bought the Handsome Jack Collection on PS4 to play with friends that were just getting into the series even though i own BL2 on another console, and I bought the Super Deluxe Edition for Borderlands 3 so you already have my money which means you probably won’t listen to me or care but the people I play with hold off and buy DLC individually because they’ve been put off buy misplaced loyalty to other brands and season passes and getting burned by them and I feel like I’m getting burned here too. Ive got a job, and family, and only so much time to play and I feel ive not only wasted my time playing this now been given the middle finger also. Ive been defending the Game as of late due to its incessant “rebalancing” and targeted nerfs of things your player base is actually enjoying in the game however I just cant anymore. I never felt underpowered in BL2 (played 4 characters maxed out Ultimate VH 72s- 2 of which were Gaige and Krieg) and i cant recall from any of the other series games anything approaching the constant sense of futility in BL3 (or nerfs and rebalancing for that matter). Im not even entirely sure what motivation to assign to the devs or whoever is in charge of game balancing that would make reasonable sense anymore for the idea that if the players enjoy something or are using it “too much” or " in a unintended way" that thing should be nerfed.

18 Likes

Yeah I haven’t been able to play yet but I don’t like the sound of what they have done to the Kaoson. Or the ammo consumption increase on the Sandhawk. I’ve heard the Kaoson was hit sort of hard. It’s an M6+ weapon, so it should be good.

I was okay with the idea of them scaling down the weapon a bit since they scaled down enemy health in mayhem 10 as I was led to believe they were doing, but no instead they did irritating stuff like hitting it’s accuracy and secondary explosive. they hit the functionality of the weapon which is frustrating.

3 Likes

This is only half of the buffs. Patch part 2, they are buffing 3 shields and nerfing 6. Don’t judge until it is all finished!

8 Likes

Yeah these nerfs were too much feels like they just as weak as the other weapons. This was a sad update

3 Likes

How the hell are people complaining about the “nerf”? If you were to blind to see the incoming balance that’s your own fault. Also i really doubt Gearbox cares how much you play.

1 Like

Exactly on point my friend. Well done.

Yeah it’ll get worse!!

6 Likes

Ill judge as content is distributed

5 Likes

I had a lot of sarcasm in that post. Nerf 6 shields? Prolly happen lol.

1 Like

He’s joking. I almost missed it at first.

3 Likes

We’ve cleared the M10 takedown.
Enemy’s health settings are clearly not right.
I think even normal has three times the health value of True Mariwan Takedown.
With such a high health value, shouldn’t you have buffed the weapon rather than nerfed it?
The boss was nauseated by the most immune times.
I’m sure you’ve learned from the community that the community has hated immune and nerf for a long time since it was released, but has the gearbox lost its memory?

2 Likes

Amazing that they double downed on immunity phases and the horrible platforming.

People need to stop whining about weapons being OP or the nerfs will never stop. Yellowcake got a ■■■■ ton of “omg it’s OP” complaints and look what they did to it? Same with the Ion Cannon. All the YouTubers were talking about how OP it was and they nerfed it to oblivion.

5 Likes

Im still yet to hear a real reason for why they even need to nerf anything, this isnt a PvP game and 90% of us play alone so all they are doing is pissing of 90% to please 10%. And of that 10% i bet only 1% would support these nerfs.

4 Likes

Hey - No worries! My M6 Kaoson is now perfectly viable as high as M4…

4 Likes

Same way they complain about terribly hot days in the middle of summer. Because bad things are bad. And when someone is actually responsible for them, they’re even worse.

2 Likes

Yes it’s the obnoxious youtubers who cannot stop talking about “OMG IT’S SO OP” those people don’t even represent 1℅ of the community yet Gearbox seems to value their opinion higher than ours. How about they do a public poll for everyone to vote whether something should be nerfed or not?

6 Likes

The (we) forumites are in the minority as well. Most players don´t even finish the campaign once, and they never bother to come here.
Besides I don´t believe in crowd wisdom. Few people (myself inclded) understand the intricacies of game design, math involved or proper community management.
Don´t get me wrong, I am unhappy with the state of the game for a while now and I don´t have a solution. I just remember Henry Ford: “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said: Faster Horses”.

1 Like