Airborne and Sliding anoints - fixed? Your vote

So, in the recent patch, they said they buffed these anointments to make them more usable.
“In an effort to increase build diversity, we are buffing a number of Anointments.”
Does anyone consider the airborne or sliding ones to be usable now? Honestly? As in, you’d pick them over most others and/or feel comfortable using them at high mayhem levels?

Looking at the numbers, the sliding fire rate went from 25% to 30%, and the sliding damage went from 40% to 50%. Airborne critical went from 25% to 60%, airborne fire rate went from 25% to 30% and airborne damage went from 30% to 40%.
What the hell, gearbox? I was expecting numbers like 150-200%. These anoints are hard to use reliably and give WAY smaller bonuses than most of the others. Buff them properly or no-one is going to touch them.
Keep in mind,with the right build, I can permanently do 150%-200% extra damage (deathless +150%/50 rad or seein dead +200% builds), not to mention using tactics like “fakegrasping” or rapid rakk attacks for permanent +100% bonuses. Why would I switch to a +40% bonus?

Seriously, though, what WOULD it take players to actually WANT to use these anointments, and get their bonuses while airborne or while sliding?? Let’s get something concrete to show gearbox.

• I’d use them now
  • I’d want +100%
  • I’d want +150%
  • I’d want +200%
  • I’d want more than that

0 voters

EDIT: Extra Poll added.

• If they were increased enough, I’d use them
  • Just remove them, I’ll never use them

0 voters

Thanks. =]

3 Likes

Because not every bonus provides the same added value. For example, all of Zane’s skills are weapon damage additive to each other, so you can deal more damage with slide anointment than with +200% ASA.

3 Likes

So +40% damage is MORE than +200% damage. Sometimes, at least.
Wow, gearbox really SUCK at in-game information.
The bonus given by any anointment should be applied in the same way (so all damage bonuses work the same, all critical bonuses work the same, all splash bonuses work the same, etc.) so it’s clear what bonus they all give. Then, the actual numbers would make sense and these ones would need massive buffs.
Thanks, @GrzesPL

For the sake of simplicity, consider the poll as if the damage is applied in the same way, everyone, otherwise things just get confusing.

There needs to be a remove them option to vote for

17 Likes

maybe gbx can argue with airborne annoint but i couldnt see how sliding could be effective

1 Like

They’re mostly V2, but you can get 20+ V2 bonuses on COMs, and FL4K for instance has plenty of sources of V2. 40% isn’t that much.

3 Likes

Yeah, gearbox doesn’t seem interested in this, but I think it’d probably be the option most people go for.
My point was how high would they have to be for you to consider them, rather than just wanting them removed. Seems like most people want more than 200% bonus or they wouldn’t use them. So far, at least. Hope this gets some more votes.

I have 0% interest in them.

3 Likes

The bonus needs to be massive, to offset the hassle and disruption of trying to use them often enough in normal let alone difficult gameplay.

1 Like

I’m often jumping around while against big targets so if it was something like 150% V2 damage it would be enough imho. But it must be V2 not to be additive with all other bonuses otherwise we would barely feel a difference, especially with Zane or Amara.

1 Like

they should replace them with actual decent annoitments

3 Likes

Only way I’d use them is if all aiming and screen shake penalties were removed when firing.

1 Like

I think the anointments are fine, they can be used for when your AS is in cd and 40% multiplicative damage can also be a massive bonus. Not all builds can abuse 100% anointment uptime like fakegrasp Amara so these just give more options in general.

150% v2 would be stupid op on something that you can just spam without cd. I think people have unreasonable expectations of what anointments should do after how broken the 300/90 anointment was. Something you can use while your AS is in cd shouldn’t be better than anointments like 300% dmg on phaseslam. These are simply ways to give people damage boosts while they wait for CD to use the AS anointments.

I’ll never use airborne or sliding annoints, where’s that oprion.

2 Likes

I just don’t like them in general. I don’t like to jump through hoops for a damage increase.

That being said I would change my mind if they implemented a double jump :wink:

1 Like

the damage jumping one is actually pretty nice now, but I sure would like a bit more :rofl:

1 Like

It could be 5000% and I still wouldn’t use them I rather they be removed even at 5000%

2 Likes

there is no option to select “remove them altogether from the game” , so sorry i cannot give my 2 cents…lol

2 Likes

id use them only with an antifreeze build, but theres no point to using antifreeze right now

2 Likes

That’s fine for action skills with long cooldowns, but the two “after AS” anoints last 10 seconds or 2 magazines. With a lot of builds, that’s long enough to trigger your AS again, so you never get a period of “no anoint active”. That’s part of the problem. Those anoints are almost constant, so comparing them to ones which only activate while in the air or sliding puts them way above. That’s why nobody uses these. They really need to be more powerful than those, so people actually want to use them.