Alani is ALMOST perfect. Great job Dev team. Now change 3 small things

(https://www.twitch.tv/v0lum3) #22

lol, umm, yeah, at this point I’ve spent a few hours worth of game-play on her, and with her in my party… a group of 5, and we’ve all had our hand at her (if we wanted it)

There’s a very big problem when any healer is keeping up with OM and Orendi in damage numbers, while still putting out decent heal numbers. And The same players doing that with her, are the not keeping up with her when they’re on wave-clear characters.

I’m not talking about “I just saw some random put up these numbers against some other random.” I’m talking about her performance in a group of similarly skilled players. And don’t even get me started on comparing her performance to Reyna’s with the same players…

I don’t make balance suggestions that way.

0 Likes

(CL1CKS) #23

That’s just it. If her damage numbers are keeping up then someone is playing dps wrong. She is jack of both trades master of neither. With full heal gear and helix I couldn’t out out much more than 50k in healing for a match. Most skilled Mike do 90k and up in healing. She she isn’t braking the bank there. Same with damage. I played with gearbox devs and the only one I outdid on dps was a poorly played marquis. That was with my hybrid skirmish build. Hard to say “simular skilled players” when talking about of a group of your friends. My find and I might pull equal kills in counter strike but him with sniper and me assault rifle. With you and your friends someone might do awesome with Oscar Mike and crap with Toby. She has been out a couple days now, she is not OP and there isn’t enough data yet to prove she is. Especially when I’ve stomped her with other character with ease. You need to learn how to defeat her.

0 Likes

(https://www.twitch.tv/v0lum3) #24

Why are you comparing her to Miko? Her direct competition is Reyna, the only other “burst” healer in the game.

lol, maybe you and your friends can only play one class decently, but I don’t have that problem, and I refuse to play with people who do. If someone can only play one character, then I’m not going to play with them.

But your analogy is way off the mark for other reasons: There’s a big difference between playing a sniper (Toby) and a DPS AOE based character: (OM) I’m not even talking about having to play different playstyles here, OM, Orendi, and Alani actually play very similarly if you’re just trying to put out damage… auto-attacking and dumping big AOE abilities. The only extra part is with Alani you should probably run around and heal a few teammates too.

lol, but I do find it funny that you’re on here telling me you have trouble playing different character classes and then go on with this “git gud” stuff. Seriously, I chuckled. I appreciate that.

The measure of a character being OP is quite clear: Out-performing characters in a similar role when played by users with similar skill levels. That’s exactly how I address a character, and currently she’s out-performing the crap out of Reyna, the character who falls in to almost the exact same role. She’s also hanging with pure DPS based characters, which should NOT happen for a support character… period.

Is she killable? Duh, every character is, that’s not what OP means (never has been) it doesn’t matter if you can kill her, or if you’re better than the person on her, or if some people perform better or worse with her… that she’s MORE POWERFUL than SIMILAR CHARACTERS IN HER ROLE. Heck, she’s more powerful than some characters outside of her role.

When she’s played by people with SIMILAR SKILL levels, or even the same player on different characters, she’s constantly out-performing other characters in her role, and performing extremely well even outside of her role, which is Over Powered.

I swear people just come on here and go “No, I’ve killed the character in pubs with randoms everywhere and that means she’s not more powerful than any other character” with absolutely zero logic behind it.

0 Likes

(CL1CKS) #25

Your argument is still terribly flawed. Also I mentioned 1 character I don’t play well with. I’m sorry we can’t all be lime you and be amazing with every character. I play about 7 successfully and consistently. Now to get the personal attack out of the way. My point which I will also restate is that if you go pure dps build then her heals are sub pat at best. Also any skilled dps player on a dps character will do more damage then an Alani. Her support at that point comes from cc, not from healing. Ryenas “burst” healing is not even the same type of support that Alani provides, therefore no I’m not comparing her closely to Reyna. In fact Reyna is best used to help team mates spike healers and aid tanks in getting a push advantage for your team. And once again I WILL say for the 3rd time. She has been out a couple days and you’re calling her OP. Sorry but facts are facts and you’re just wrong.

0 Likes

(Echatonchire) #26

To be fair, I do more dps with Alani than more of the other DPS, but only because 1: they are not good and so don’t do anything, and 2:because i play with the damage mutation on riptide ans peolple stay inside it. So yeah i guess they could reduce her damage a bit, but if they do it too much she become useless, and to confirm what Vitessex says, it is definitely about how you play her, because i can beat some DPS character with Miko too it’s not a problem x) and i saw a lot of people try her and every time they’re doing nothing good with her x) and the same i crush them x) She have the same survivability as Miko or Reyna, burst them and they’re dead.

0 Likes

([In Memories Delusional]) #27

Honestly, this shows the issues I have with those tags. Most don’t seem to be accurate.

0 Likes

(CL1CKS) #28

Maybe they should just list her as support healer or hybrid

0 Likes

Damage on Riptide is fine. People will learn not to stand in it. I’m convinced that if there is a problem, it’s her primary being slightly over tuned (say 10%, not a huge amount), probably in combination with the 20% attack speed boost.

0 Likes

(Echatonchire) #30

Well you’re not wrong but the 20% are only when you have full stack of osmosis,and you can up by almost 30% you’re attack speed whith other character like Miko or phoebe so it’s not that broken, maybe though they should reduce the length of the riptide especially the helix who can boost it by 50% x) it’s almost all the map xD

0 Likes

(CL1CKS) #31

Yes but that is the control aspect. You’re controlling where people can stand. I still say she is fine and right now most people who complain she is OP haven’t seen her helix or know how to counter her. I had a guy getting so pissed he couldn’t kill me. But he was playing Kelvin, and I had movement speed gear, also using ride the wave with my riptide. So yeah, no ■■■■ he wasn’t going to be able to kill me. It also took me and a friend hitting him about 2 or 3 minutes to take him down. Don’t hear me screaming that Kelvin is too tanky because I couldn’t kill him fast with a skilled caldarius on my side.

0 Likes

(Echatonchire) #32

Yeah i understand your point it’s too soon to nerf her, look at Galilea, they waited after the release to nerf her though she was OP since the beta x) And Alani is very killable actually x) focus her 3 second and boom she’s dead, i even manage to kill her with Boldur :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

(CL1CKS) #33

Yes exactly. This guy that keeps saying OP is all numbers isn’t reading the whole thread. There are plenty of classes with self sustain and team support that aren’t listed as support. You don’t see kleese listed as a healer. Hence why I say her tags are wrong, she is skirmisher/support. Yes if you think of her as a team healer and also able to do that much damage she could be OP in theory of numbers. But take that healing tag off her and your mindset changes. If she is able to be pushed back or killed within reason she isn’t OP. The funny thing is, we finally have a character that can stand 1 on 1 toe to toe with galilea (post nerf) and it’s awesome. I destroyed a galilea 1v1 3 times by keeping just a small amount of range and cc. And putting my ultimate on my location so that while she shield stunned and went to town she took ■■■■ tons of damage and then I just healed, riptide, and finished her while she ran. Sure I was still at low health. But I won 3 times lol.

0 Likes

(Echatonchire) #34

Yeah it’s funny because people keep yelling at you because you didn’t heal them x) Only because she’s tagged as a healer, i never see anyone shouting at a reyna who don’t put her overshield ^^ Yet i see some people who thanks me when i save their but x) I see people who are winning about her control, apparently they never met me as Kelvin XD Or Boldur ^^

0 Likes

(CL1CKS) #35

No ■■■■. Once Kelvin has his health built up he is insane. I saw someone running almost 4k health with the perk to get shield with power use. Mother ■■■■■■ got 27 kills as a tank in a match. And boulder I rarely try to kill unless I can get behind him. His shield absorbs so much damage that I just push him back and ignore him.

0 Likes

Well you’re not wrong but the 20% are only when you have full stack of osmosis,and you can up by almost 30% you’re attack speed whith other character like Miko or phoebe so it’s not that broken, maybe though they should reduce the length of the riptide especially the helix who can boost it by 50% x) it’s almost all the map xD

You are confused. She has a movement speed boost which is only at full stacks, but the attack speed boost is all the time.

0 Likes

(KelsXIII) #37

Agree with OP alani is almost perfect, but she’s still vulnerable to burst as her healing is not as good at Miko’s. As a Thorn main, all I have to do is slow her with blight, time my Wrath, a few auto attacks here and there and Volley, either she’s left with 1% hp or usually dead. But in order to do that, you need to dodge her Geyser.

0 Likes

(Echatonchire) #38

Indeed x) But in that case it’s excatly like the other character who got a speed increase on their auto attack x)

0 Likes

No, it isn’t. And the reason is because attack speed for Alani boosts not only her damage, but her healing (by building osmosis stacks faster).

0 Likes

(Echatonchire) #40

Well her gameplay lays on that actualy the more you hit the more you can to heal, it compensates the fact that it’s pretty hard to hit with her auto attack ^^’ So yes if you’re playing a large character you’ll be hit a lot but not just by Alani by all of the other character x)

0 Likes

(CL1CKS) #41

I don’t have any trouble hitting with her auto attack. It’s the same speed as oreni

0 Likes