All hail the Anarchy gun!

Had one drop in the opening area of the DLC and I’m probably never gonna use anything else. Thank you Gearbox!

8 Likes

what’s good about it? is it just really high damage? Are the mechanics unique? I havent found it yet.

See the red text. Similar to Gaige’s Anarchy in BL2, whenever you kill or naturally reload (from an empty mag) you get a damage boost and accuracy loss of 30%. Max stack cap is 10. I found myself building stacks fast and destroying everything. Downside is, you can’t switch weapons without losing your stacks.

3 Likes

Does it lose them if you manually reload? It has to.

Tediore has been stepping up it’s game lately.

3 Likes

Yes it does. But not a big deal, just have to remember.

And it appears to have some Jakobs ricochet on crit action also.

I picked one up also, and after about 3 kills/reloads it pretty much one-shots everything. Kinda, um, boring…
–RoA

3 Likes

It’s a reference to Gaige and her close enough skill

1 Like

Completely forgot about Close Enough, you’re right, that’s what’s proc’ing.

Differences between the Anarchy skill itself;

• The gun gains 30% per kill/autoreload vs. a percent per kill that Anarchy provides.
  • Ten stacks max, vs (I think) a theoretical max of 600 anarchy stacks for Gaige (or is it 800 with the right comm?), so 300% buff to damage.
  • There is no visual indicator of current stacks (that I can see) that you have.

–RoA

Autoreloads also worked on Gaige stacking.

The damage ends up being similar. Gaige got like a percentage per stack and could get 600 stacks with a slayer com. But it was a nuisance to build that high.

1 Like

Yeah, 20 minutes bouncing around target rich environments with a Coach gun.
Then one mistake and they all drain away if you didn’t have Discord in.

This gun is much nicer, you can get to max stacks in a minute.
–RoA

3 Likes

Orphan Maker Varkid Hunting was my pregame. :slight_smile:

Anarchy stacked on kill or reload too. Think max was around 600, but it was like 1.6x per stack.
Shame you can’t see how many stacks you have, but still awesome. =]

Only legendary I’ve got in the DLC so far was opening a toilet and a tentacle threw a legendary trinket at me. Lol. =]

1. 75% per Anarchy stack :blush:
1 Like
  • Fast travel appears to remove stacks
  • Hijacking a vehicle does not remove stacks
  • Getting a vehicle from a C.A.R. does not remove stacks
  • Zone transitions appear to remove stacks

–RoA

2 Likes

I died once and retained stacks.
So far I’ve had it drop non-elemental and in fire. Don’t know what other elements it can come in.

1 Like

Has anyone noticed if a Zane clone or drone, or a FL4K pet, kill counts for stacking?

I expect not, but don’t know since there isn’t a stack counter.

Also, I don’t usually spec into Double Barrel, but I might if DigiClone gets the same damage buffs with the Anarchy as the player does.
–RoA

1 Like

One more Anarchy thing;
The some of after-toss grenade explosion types will kill you dead with a charged Anarchy with the “shoot to increase damage” type reload.
There is no health-gating here, if you are too close to the reload burst it will destroy a full shield and all your health and put you in FFYL. Which is kinda bad if you’ve killed everything.
Just did it again fighting Eista, was a little close to him when the reload happened, and bam when into FFYL. Was able to revive from him, but ugh.
The other reloads, like “bounces on impact” do not destroy you.
–RoA

2 Likes

Clone doesn’t get buffs. One way to test if clone kills or pet kills add buffs is to start with no stacks, let pet clone kill an enemy. If gun is now vibrating red, you’re an Anarchist by extension!

But yeah, clone no get buffs. Double Barrel sadness.

I am gonna assume the tediore chuck self death is the balance on this :joy:

2 Likes

And an update,
Fast Traveling does not appear to remove stacks, I was wrong.
–RoA

1 Like