All in all, it's been a good event

So far I’ve leveled 4 characters to 53 and I gotta say, it’s been fun. The levels don’t seem unreachable. You get two, level 53 weapons that are decent. Then you can turn the event off.

No complaints.

Weird…

3 Likes

I’m not turning it off until I score a 53 Vindicator or Cloning Ghast Call.

4 Likes

I would dare to say that the Wedding Invitation is the best sniper in the game. I personally like the hearts too. They’ve been fun.

4 Likes

I decided to level up one character in the Handsome Jackpot DLC area but I don’t see any hearts there. Is this intended?

You must not read Forbes.

4 Likes

Not there or the takedown. Vanilla only for hearts day :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heart_decoration: :heart: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes_cat: <3

2 Likes

The hearts aren’t nearly as aggressively irritating as the constant skulls were, and at only a week long the event won’t wear out its welcome enough for me to toggle it off. I won’t call it “good” but I’ll go with “not bad.”

I liked it well enough, I just wish that we actually got a proper introduction to the event/more dialogue from Maurice.

3 Likes

Meh worst then the halloween event IMO but glad you enjoy it.

1 Like

Lol that guy needs a hug

1 Like

I actually saw a post complaining about the event after seeing this and I hope they get hugs too.

He said he’s been enjoying the event and that it’s been better than Bloody Harvest, so I’m not sure what you mean.

I believe Paul loves the game but complaining about the lack of aniontments possible to get from the event gear in a game with a player base that notoriously dupes and save file farms for the perfect gear was a good laugh for me. To add, in the same article he also recommend tossing out all our 50 gear and just grinding for 53 to gain the 20-30% increase. I was running the slaughtershaft and scaled down takedown with level 50 gear to farm easily so his 2 pieces of advice just seemed like complaints from my kitchen table sipping coffee.
I understand this viewpoint the way other games work compared to this one, in terms of farming and crafting builds.

But people on console can’t do this stuff. Also, if this is the only way people can get the specific version of the item they are looking for, I think this speaks to a legit problem.

I think he’s just frustrated like a lot of others about the idea of having to re-farm the same exact items, especially when the RNG is so bad. I agree that tossing out your level 50 stuff was an overreaction though.

2 Likes

It was okay. The Halloween one was more disruptive but definitely more memorable. For this event, one could hit 100 hearts in basically an hour, and once you got the Wedding Invitation, it became pretty irrelevant. If there was further incentive to the hearts once you hit 100 (like maybe an opportunity to get more Wedding Invitations for those unable to Read Only farm), the event would be much better.

1 Like

First off not only can I USB farm (every borderlands game on PlayStation ( PlayStation plus allows online storage so I can farm if I wanted to, I can’t speak for Xbox one but from my experience with them in the past I don’t see why not. Personally I would prefer a farming system where this was viewed as a shortcut to farming but this is the hand we are dealt.
Secondly the point of gear in borderlands and even having a 300 slot inventory is to collect or experiment with, yes I have put alot of work into rebuilding a handful of builds but 3 levels isn’t enough to stop you from doing any endgame content aside from true Takedown mode solo. So you don’t have to grind like we would have had to do with a 10 level increase, if you don’t want to grind just play content and better gear will drop as you go. You may find some magic along the way

3 Likes

I misunderstood what you meant, I thought you meant downloading other player’s saved files. I personally still would not want to have to go to such methods though to acquire a specific item.

It’s just an asinine way to farm but I would rather them put the resources into making their next real expansion instead of putting as much effort into this event as the last one.

As for the event itself, I Liked it. I personally enjoyed the Halloween one a bit more overall, due to the added boss and map - and the fact that I’m a sucker for all things Halloween-, but the ability to turn this event off was a huge plus. The Halloween event should have just been an October thing.

1 Like

Not even that (the bold bit) :grin:! Solo 4P/M4 Takedown with lvl 50 meta gear is still kinda easy. Here is me doing it w/ mostly a Maggie, including some of the boss fights.

Today I got the lvl 53 Maggie and I just finished soloing TVHM/M4/4P/MT with the Maggie and a Zheitsev’s Eruption for seasoning :grin:. The level cap increase has made everything easier. The ppl that were claiming that 3 points were pointless totally missed the point! :laughing:
3 Likes