Altered animations since the update?

Am I the only one that’s noticed a few differences in animations from after the update? I mostly want to point out how Miko’s spore bomb looks like it flies faster and the projectile appears smaller. The Kunai also appear to fly much smoother and also appear smaller. Could it be that the improved performance just make the animations look better than before? Or have some abilities and attacks been given new/altered animations?

1 Like

It’s probably caused by doubling the framerate.

3 Likes

It’s jarring at first how night and day 30 to 60 can be but having played the PC version it feels the same. There’s a lot of optimization but it doesn’t feel like any of its from animation changes

3 Likes

I noticed they altered Attikus’s right arm during pounce. And they also touched up Kelvin’s sublimate a bit.

The animation of the loot packs opening looks different too? Again, maybe it’s just the extra frames, but there’s a lot of jiggle in those things.

Yeah, they changed that completely. Showed it on the live stream.

Phoebe also has a new phasegate animation.

2 Likes

I noticed that, it’s cool :slight_smile:

I’ve also noticed that the trail that Shurox leaves behind as they run around now changes colour depending on what skin you pick. Before, it just to used to be orange regardless of what skin you picked, (except the Fun & Games skin, that one had rainbows xD) and it always looked out of place when you chose a skin that was blue or green, etc… So I’m quite pleased with that even if it was one of the less noticeable changes. =P

1 Like

Kelvins sublimate animation is completely different. It looks a lot cleaner and smoother than it was before.

2 Likes

With the exception of the kunai flight path thing (which I believe is the same, it just appears smoother due to performance improvements), pretty much everything else listed in this thread is the direct result of someone’s specific effort to improve it. For example, the Sublimate effects were something I wanted to revisit, I hope you like the new version and keep noticing what all else is in there :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Are they pure aesthetic changes or have the animation actually changed things like how quickly Skills activate?

Oh and fantastic job btw :slight_smile:

What’s the animation look like for phasegate

Sometimes Mell has a visual effect when she slides now, although it doesn’t seem to happen on every surface. You can see it in the dojo though.

Kelvins sublimate animation is completely different. It looks a lot cleaner and smoother than it was before.

It definitely looks a lot cleaner but I’ve noticed a visual effect where you see Kelvin’s normal form outlined/highlighted as if tagged when he goes into Sublimate at times (although perhaps this is only when he’s been pinged).

What’s the animation look like for phasegate

If you play on connections as good as mine it normally looks like the death recap screen.

1 Like

Hmmm, I haven’t seen that one yet although I would like to. That sounds interesting to look at.

It leaves like a blue pixel animation on the location that she’s teleporting to. I guess it’s just so people can follow her movements better.

1 Like