Am I the only one disgusted with the low level CC

Every damn match Ive played today has a Toby, Montana, Gali, and boulder. Ill have a low level stun available to them. Im litterally chain stunned for the past 3 matches.

Well, i personally consider lvls. 4-7 to be “mid-game”, but it is definitely EARLY mid-game for Toby’s stun-mines.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be as bad if there were diminishing returns on hard cc. Or even can only be affected by one then immune for a few seconds

Sure, that’d work. In my personal experience though, if i get chain-stunned by anyone OTHER than Kelvin and one other who can then freely chain it, then i’m doing something wrong; especially against Montana, Galilea or Boldur, who are EXTREMELY strong in close quarters, and who are usually avoided and focused at range.

Imagine you are a new player coming to try battleborn and every game you get chain cc then killed. Most of them will quit from frustration rather than sticking around.

Montana is a good sniper now and add his slow. Just saying.

2 Likes

Like i said, i’d be fine with it; even vets don’t like being chain-stunned. However, it won’t save new players from premades. It WILL certainly help their survival rate though.

2 Likes

It’s all about perception. New players get chain cc they feel they don’t have a chance and put the game down. If they just lose it isn’t nearly as damaging as feeling they never had a chance.
At least that’s what I gathered from a few who tried bb and didn’t stay a day :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah but once those new people actually learn the tells of how most heroes initiate their stuns, then they won’t complain about “the evilness of chain stuns” anymore. This OP just needs to get used to the tells…it’s just an example of a new player not having proper game awareness yet.

When i was new, I would get chain stunned to hell. Then I learned the gigantic montana tell, I learned when to read that the ghalt was getting ready to pull (and always be aware on the map) plus his hook range, I learned when the galilea would start randomly running suicide style into me at mid range that she was planning something. I learned just how exploitable (and impotent) an early game boldur was even if they landed the stun…and not to just automatically assume “im stunned im dead”. I learned to look under my feet if an alani was nearby to make sure no bubbles. I learned to properly space a toby to avoid arc mine.

You know…stuff like that. Once you learn how to properly space and anticipate heroes various stuns, then chain stuns aren’t as big of a deal to deal with…at all. Of course, they’ll still happen but they won’t happen to the point where one needs to create a post saying that chain stuns are ruining Battleborn.

Again, this game has a high learning curve. Embrace it. Or…i don’t know…Enjoy overwatch instead then?

2 Likes

That is the issue though. As you said once they stick around they learn the tells. But if they aren’t sticking around the game doesn’t grow.

1 Like

Again, this game has a high learning curve. Embrace it. Or…i don’t know…Enjoy overwatch instead then?

( i dont mean to sound patronizing by repeating my prior last sentence but…you know…i know you get it). For a more shallow experience, they can play capture or face off and not worry about lanes and stuff.

Im cr111, I know the tells. That doesnt change the fact that there is a clear cc meta right now and its utterly frustrating.

1 Like

I agree with you, and apologize in advance for this; but my compulsive nature demands that i post the following Beerfest meme:

2 Likes

Getting used to the tells… That are unavoidable with Gally’s pull.

The meta is and has been CC for a while. There’s no counterplay play for the majority of characters. And while you may be able to see the tells, are you used to multiple at once after being slowed and silenced? What counterplay exists to proper CC chains?

1 Like

To me, it’s like some other guy awhile back that tried to claim there was too much of a “Ranged Meta”.

Virtually every character has their own CC usage and the ones that don’t have their own tanky/harrasing/support/glass cannon unique properties.

Anyways, i politely disagree. :slight_smile:

I’ll leave it at that and be silent from now on :0

You don’t have to be a CC based character to excel in this game as a hero. Many non CC characters are top tier and many CC-heavy kit characters are lower tier.

… there was

Oscar Mike, Thorn, ISIC, (and) a Miko to keep everyone up (,and a Boldur) could destroy everything because they all had high wave clear from safe distances as well as strong zoning that shut down melees
You know what, I’m probabaly wrong on some of the reasons. But it certainly did exist. Just ask the PC comp community

1 Like

lol epicender, but this guy posted this like 1 week ago.

1 Like

:upside_down:

Ah, I see awhile back doesn’t mean too while haha. Yeah, that’s just sad noise

1 Like

Every random poster that prefaces by going “Trust me im CR 100” has their own unique opinion on what the meta is.

You have “pro” incursion people saying the 4 bans they usually see the most are something along the lines of "orendi, gal (who has cc), ernest, and benedict. 3 of the 4 don’t even have cc.

There is a lot of noise indeed. Opinions on the meta are like…teeth. Everyone has them. Mostly everyone has them :slight_smile:

1 Like

YOU TRYING TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT MY BEAK?!

2 Likes

Games like this and/or MOBAs in general may not be your thing. BB is light in CC if you look at other MOBAs. CC is incredibly important to the game and genre and I really don’t think any instances of CC in BB is egregious except some outlier characters that may have too many tools in the toolbox.

If you’re getting chain stunned or chained CC at lower levels you (and your team) are being overwhelmed for another reason that allows the opposing team to basically run up to you and focus down one character OR you are suffering from what I see time and time again in BB (or any MOBA), and that’s people over extending or playing too aggressively. What is your team doing during these encounters or is everyone just high tailing it once one person is CCd?

CC should have some sort of counter. In some MOBAs it’s in the form of protection skills, items that force movement despite CC, etc. In BB case, the most logical would be gear. The gear needs readjusting so it’s worth using instead of not running it and complaining about the CC meta.

If the values are buffed to the point where hard CC becomes more of an interrupt, it would still allow high level CC chains and lock down, but require much stricter timing and team work.

As for the learning curve… Welcome to games in general. Every game will suffer from this to some degree until you play more and figure it out. If BB was more popular we’d have more creative content that maybe breaks down game mechanics to new players like most other games have. BB as it stands right now I think holds your hand enough with the modes, dojo, and training. If you need more outside of that you need more experience or a little research. The latter being more difficult because of the small player base.

1 Like