Amara Flame of The Dragon Melee Build

I’ve been testing a build similiar to this for a while. I wish the unleash the dragon could have life steal on hit as well. Your damage is poor without hut survivability is an issue with it

1 Like

You should be running samsara… If you use fist over matter as your ability, you can get 5 hits off one enemy.

Samsara then gives you 25% health per second, that is more than enough, in addition to that though, you also are getting baseline 5% (10% for a few seconds after using phasegrasp) for a just insane amount of healing thanks to clarity.

1 Like

I’m also thinking this will be good as a ranged fist of the elements build, that proc on melee/ranged gun has got me thinking of possibilities … :wink:

2 Likes

it is Find Your Center not Mindfulness

I am thinking of the same build except i don’t have mindfulness and I will use the face puncher as a secondary weapon only (more of a full melee playstyle than a hybrid)

Thank you for the catch, apparently I had a stroke while writing it…

1 Like

Mind if I post (or if you wanna post it in the comments there) this in the build collection thread I made for Amara? It will link to this thread. The OP is simply a compilation to make these easier to find for people. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go right ahead. :+1:

1 Like

You happen to have a spare unleash the dragon?

1 Like

Awesome! It’s been added, thank you.

1 Like

Unfortunately no, but it’s very easy to farm as there’s a spawn station right over the cliff above where Dragon Jr. spawns. Here’s a video showing you his spawn location.

2 Likes

Easy, but time-consuming as hell due to the hotfix yesterday. Today I’ve farmed him ~150 times on Mayhem 3 without a single artifact drop. In total I got 3 items, 2 white and 1 green. Yay!

Edit: The very next run finally rewarded me with what I was looking for. I think they probably overdone the drop rate balancing a bit.

1 Like

@nat_zero_six Vids are up :+1:

2 Likes

What do you use on the maliwan guys?
Those with beefy yellow health bars?

Usually an Ice gun for armor so I can constantly crit them so a Night hawkin or a Crossroads.

1 Like

Try corrosive Butcher.

1 Like

Just tested a bit with different relics and it seems that the best relic will be variation of:

Of course melee damage in additional mods will be the desired one.

1 Like

Is that a world drop?

1 Like

Yeah, it is.

1 Like

For a raw melee damage increase that is indeed the best relic and is actually the preferred one if you would like to mainly use the Facepuncher. In terms of overall damage though the Dragon Relic still out damages it by a lot on anything that’s weak to fire and isn’t immune to dot’s. The white elephant relic is also very good to use with a Redundant Facepuncher as every pellet has a 30% chance to leave a sticky grenade that deals around 30k damage from what I remember.

Who drops the White Elephant Relic? I’m absolutely SHOCKED that my google search is coming up empty on this.