Found this great trick, that allows you to play Arms Race, right now. Just follow the advice below. It should work on any mayhem level, but let me know how you get on.
Note: you might want to back up your character, before trying this, just in case.
- Go to Sanctuary 3
- Deposit ALL your items in the bank. Make sure you have NOTHING in your inventory and NOTHING equipped, for this to work.
- Go to the New-U machine and respec. DO NOT put any points into your skills, or it won’t work. DO NOT even buy your action skill.
- Go to your guardian rank menu and disable it completely.
- Go to Athenas (or any map with a fairly straight path and a boss at the end).
- Set an alarm on your phone or any countdown device for 25 minutes.
- GO! Run through the map as fast as you can. Try to get to the boss at the end of the map and kill them before the timer runs out.
- If you fail to complete the map within the time limit, you have to fast travel back to the start and sell EVERYTHING you found, at the vendors. But, if you make it all the way to the end and kill the boss in time, you keep it all.
That’s it. That’s the new mode.
Sure, you don’t get the new legendaries, yet, but everything else is the same, except you can tweak some of these things if you want, such as allowing action skills and/or guardian ranks, to make it more like an ACTUAL borderlands mode.
Please let me know how you get on. I’d love for everyone who thinks the new mode is bad to try this, and especially everyone cheering about how great it is, to try it, too.