Amazon Collector's Edition shipping date?

(Cloudkill22) #1

Sorry if this has already been answered.

I got an email from Amazon (US) 2 days ago (20th) stating my Collector’s Edition is “Arriving Tue, Mar 3 - Wed, Mar 4”

Is it possible to get my Steam game keys emailed to me earlier, perhaps on the 25th? Or do I have to wait for the physical piece of paper with the key on it that’s included in the CE?

Thanks.

(Emperor Solaris) #2

i sadly doubt this since the code is inside the box and they would have to make sure to take the right box so another unlucky user receive your box with the already used code

on this side i am luckily fine since i paid 15$ to watch community day 2013 i get another extra code sent by email on release day while i will be waiting on my Mothership but i agree that this is pretty sad since after all you ordered a collector edition only to end up not being to play until a week later :confused:

(Sam0) #3

I agree, it’s really unfortunate because those that have paid extra - in the absence of more expensive shipping - are forced to wait in some cases up to a week more.

Emailing the code would be considerate and really show a dedication to the customers, not that Gearbox haven’t already done that…

(Mitchpate) #4

I re-applied prime shipping on mine and the confirmation email said the estimated delivery is April 8th.

No matter how good the game is or how worth the price the collectors is, there’s nothing that excuses waiting over a month longer to get the game.

(Sam0) #5

Some people are ordering it twice (once on Steam, once already from Amazon in the form of the CE) because they don’t want to wait. Completely understandable, but really unfair that the collectors who really want the game and are supporting its release are made to wait. Emails would be great!

(Cloudkill22) #6

[quote=“Emperor_Solaris, post:2, topic:91544”]…
but i agree that this is pretty sad since after all you ordered a collector edition only to end up not being to play until a week later :/[/quote]

Actually, I haven’t paid for anything yet. Amazon will not charge me until the item is ready to ship.

So I could just cancel the $99 order and buy it on steam.

(Kirazy) #7

In an ideal world, sure. It’s not going to happen. Especially it’s not going to happen 4 days before release, as all the CEs are in Amazon’s hands already and each CE comes with a physical voucher.

You may not be able to play on release. Patience, though, and you’ll have your CE and the game, too.

(Teknomage01) #8

I just got this email 30 mins ago…

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

“Homeworld Remastered Collector’s Edition”
Estimated arrival date: February 25, 2015

Please visit Your Account () for the most up-to-date delivery information about this order. If there are other items in your order, they’ll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account at no additional cost.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

(Pegrod99) #9

Just received an e-mail from Amazon (United States, Northwest region)…
You should receive your order between March 3 and March 7. That’s 6 to 10 days
after the 25th?

(Leatherneck2382) #10

Still nothing here for me. I dunno what’s worse, not knowing it’s actually shipped, or knowing it’s gonna be late either way. :stuck_out_tongue:

I pre-ordered an extra copy on Steam, so I won’t miss out though.

(Brighcj) #11

Just got my email saying it will deliver on the25th. Yay!

(Sabin) #12

Yeah, got this e-mail as well.

(Cloudkill22) #13

Did those of you who got their email saying the 25th select (or already had selected) One-Day Shipping?

(Sabin) #14

Both of my orders are shipping with the two-day option given to Amazon prime members. I live close to one of their distribution centers as well and sometimes get items the same day as I order regardless.

(Brighcj) #15

I changed to one day shipping a few days ago, just in case.

(True Human) #16

I changed my shipping on Amazon to 2-day shipping. It now estimates I will get my delivery on Wednesday, the 25th by 8:00 PM.

It increased my shipping by like 5 or 7 dollars.

I recommend that people change their shipping date to 1 day shipping. For me it is 20 dollars more than the original price, but that’s less than buying a new copy of the game on Steam.

By the way, I live in south eastern Iowa.

(Drakolombardi) #17

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

“Homeworld Remastered Collector’s Edition”
Estimated arrival date: February 25, 2015

I got that in my email on the 19th. I had originally selected 2-day shipping. I haven’t made any additional changes to my shipping.

(Jonnyjwood) #18

I upgraded my Amazon.ca order to 2 day priority shipping a couple weeks ago before they had a release date. Then last week I got an email telling me I could expect delivery March 3-5. That’s not 2 day shipping unless they send it out March 2nd…sigh.

Calm blue ocean. Calm blue ocean.

Any Canada readers have a quicker delivery date?

(Kirazy) #19

It begins:

(ratamaguru) #20

Crap! When I preorded, the payment method I used is invalid now. I’ve updated, but now my delivery date is the 27th (instead of the 25th). Not as bad as some who are not expected delivery until April, but still crappy I won’t be there in day one.