One idea I’ve been toying with is actually splitting the Guardian Takedown in half and have either piece be available from the beginning of Minos Prime as individual Takedowns.
- One gate takes you to Takedown A, leading through mobbing sections, the crystal stage and up to a climactic battle with Anathema the Invincible.
- The other gate takes you to Takedown B, leading through mobbing sections, the crystal stage and up to a climactic battle with Scourge the Invincible Martyr.
Because the two parts of the current Takedown are already separated by portals, they would only need move things around, not create anything new from scratch.
For each Takedown, the mini boss in the middle would be the crystal stage and beating it would either trigger a lootsplosion or the appearance of a bunch of chests, but whichever is the case would give not just world drop legendaries but M6 weapons and Guardian Takedown drops. At the beginning of the next area you would also get a respawn point and health/ammo vendors.
In my mind, this change would be relatively straightforward for Gearbox to implement whilst tackling a number of key issues for players in a single stroke. The Takedown would no longer feel like such an arduous activity since it is half the length (similar to Maliwan Takedown), has more available loot and respawn points and on the subject of the additional respawn points, those jumping puzzles would be less frustrating because they would not set you back so far.
The one issue with this change would be it could change the dialogue with Tannis but this could be largely resolved by making Takedown B unlock after beating Takedown A once so that you get the progression of one to the other.
They would also still need to increase the amount of loot dropped by the final bosses but at least you could farm Globetrotters / Webslingers / Smogs in half the time.
What does everybody think?
- Great idea! I’m sold
- Interesting idea, I think it could work
- I’m not sure, I have questions (list them
- I think something else could be better (give your idea)
- Guardian Takedown is unsalvageable