An Idea To Allow Microtransactions and PVP Without Pissing Off the Fanbase

This is not a troll. I am not attempting to drum up controversy. I am serious, but I am also serious about being open minded. I think the idea of a PVP battle royale in BL3 (TPUAYGPITBS [c] psychichazard) could be viable, even fun, if done right. In another post I mentioned that I think it could be a good thing if and only if it is entirely separate from the mechanics of the PVE game. I still believe this is the way to go, but what if not just mechanically separated, but actually a separate game download altogether?

Now before I trigger all the knee-jerk troll hards (perhaps I’m too late), bear with me for a second longer. Assuming the developers have at least considered the idea of multiplayer PVP (dueling in BL2, and arenas from BL1) they could release the next Borderlands game as a stand alone game with no PVP option, keeping the advocates for only coop happy. But, when you download the game there could be an option to download borderlands battle royale for free.

When playing Borderlands you could earn aesthetic oriented items to wear in the battle royale (perhaps an option to negate this if the player chooses), while for those who haven’t purchased Borderlands, they can download the free Battle Royale game and obtain said items through Microtransactions or through slow progression currency in game. This would appeal to both those that are for AND against incorporating a PVP arena for the next Borderlands release, because it wouldn’t force players to participate in PVP while still allowing it to be an option. Not to mention, I don’t think it would add a lot of work to the development team IF they were already planning on doing PVP. Licensing and copyrights are the only additional work I can think of to accomplish this, but Microtransactions from impatient players would likely off set these costs.

Perhaps this is a bit cavalier and presumptuous but I still think it’s the best way to include PVP if they were going to do it. I have ideas for how PVP would work if anyone wants to hear, but that’s essentially a separate topic from my intent with this thread.

If this is naive of me, feel free to explain how or why, but be constructive. Thanks for reading.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please don’t let micro transactions or loot boxes ruin borderlands 3

Just keeping all the microtransactions discussion together.