An Update on Revenge of the Cartels Anointments

It’s a worry we have too, and we’re looking into how we want to solve this.

6 Likes

Thank you for this feedback. I’ve passed it along. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sweet! Thank you!

Party time
tenor

2 Likes

This is going to be awesome.

Nothing like a little widespread backlash to make a developer do right by their clients. Glad that some of the bigger streamers / Youtubers rose up against this as well.

This is precisely why the anointments need to be decoupled from gear and added to trinkets. Every new anointment drastically affects drop chances for any particular anointment you might be looking for. As we go into the future the increasing number of anointments makes it exponentially harder to get any particular anointment. Lots of anointment choices are good but at a certain point the rarity of items and the combination of anointments just makes farming gear completely insane.

1 Like

Thanks to GB for listening to the community. Kudos for that. It’s much appreciated.

4 Likes

While this would be a HUGE improvement, I will count my victories one at a time. Keeping these annointments is a win for everyone.

1 Like

Agreed. A trinket system were you spent eridian to attach trinkets would allow you to “own” anointments so they could be placed on weapons you most enjoy, give a purpose to eridian in the endgame, allow for many anointments and weapons to be added in future content without exponentially decreasing the odds of finding the item you need with the exact anointment you want.

4 Likes

Excellent news Noelle much appreciate the announcement. :+1:

While I love the trinket idea when it comes to consoles, PS4 at least from my experience, attaching trinkets somehow makes the menu lag exponentially worse and increases load times when entering and exiting the inventory. I don’t know why it does that, but it does for me, which is why I’m not using trinkets at all.

1 Like

This is really great to hear. Finding that 150% radiation anointment for the first time was really exciting for my Deathless Moze and I was going to be extremely disappointed to see it go away.

1 Like

Well I’ll be I never thought it a problem till I read your post and thought, yeah the menus are a little sluggish.

So I unequipped the trinkets…

Hell yeah! Menu response is 10 times better highly recommended if you can do without your danglies PS4 users. :grin:

Thank you.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. It’s so weird that trinkets do anything to the menu. But I have my theory regarding that. I think that the trinkets trick the game into calculating 2 variants of each weapon model, one without the trinket (as all guns that you don’t have currently equipped should be) and the version with the trinket. That double loading causes the performance to drop. But that’s really just a theory.

Now if we could only get this much attention to the XB1X crashes and the Vertical Split Screen / Co-Op and game play issues.

2 Likes

okay, im way more excited for this tho. i cant wait for the anointment changes in phase 2

1 Like

Do you play solo at all?

if gbx value feedback why not just keep the whole event??

This franchise is known for being one of the best coop experiences out there, so you can’t fault him for bringing that up, it’s a major part of the game that’s straight up not working for 8 months now. Also I play on the X1X as well and I still experience crashes even when solo.

2 Likes