An Update on Revenge of the Cartels Anointments

Hey everyone!

We’re happy to share that all anointments introduced during the Revenge of the Cartels event will remain in the loot pool after the event ends. That said, we value our community’s feedback, and will continue to evaluate anointments to ensure we’re giving players the best possible experience.

59 Likes

Awesome, great to hear!
If I may, is there any word on keeping the event area in the game too? A lot of people really like the Villa as a map.

2 Likes

@Noelle_GBX You mean after the event ends that the anointeds can be found anywhere? I want to be sure because I kinda read it as we’ll keep our new anointeds we collected from the event and won’t be removed from our inventory

We’re so glad that everyone loves the area and is enjoying it! This isn’t changing, it will still only be available until June 4th! Until next time. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OMG OMG OMG Thank You!!! This is amazing news.

2 Likes

Ah well. Worth a shot I guess. :wink:

1 Like

They are going to be added to the pool of possible anoints!

As an aside, we just want to remind everyone, the Dev Update we posted touched on that we will be taking a look at the balance of all anointments during the second phase of our update.

7 Likes

With this level of cooperation between GBX and the community, I am VERY excited for the future of BL3!

Again, thanks to all the ladies and gentlemen and GBX for making this a permanent addition! Keep it up!

11 Likes

Looking forward to then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for hearing us on this.

I think I speak for everyone when I say this news is hugely appreciated.

4 Likes

New dlc 3 weapons with these annoitments are going to op ,I can feel it in my bones

1 Like

As we mentioned in our Dev Update, we will be looking at the balance of anointments in the “phase 2” update for Mayhem that will be coming with DLC 3.

3 Likes

Thank you for hearing our request. It helps a lot to know that Gearbox is listening. I hope the Bugs in threads which have been compiled (for the general game and also each vault hunter) are being given this same level of attention. Addressing those will go a long way to improving the game.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t hold my breath for the 300v90 to stay in it’s current form for very long. We perfectly know that is absolutely OP and with the new tuning of MH it is likely going to be more than overkill.

3 Likes

@Noelle_GBX Is the drop chance of getting the weapon and anointment you’re looking for increased with the addition of anointments?

Let’s say there are 40 anointments and the drop chance for a dedicated item is 1%, meaning 0.25% per every 10 anointments. If you add an additional 10 anointments, does the drop chance increase by another 0.25%? Hopefully this makes sense and I have no idea what the drop chance percentages are. I just want it to feel like I’m getting the same chance of getting the item I’m looking for as when the game launched, and not diminish over time. Which is what it feels like at the moment.

1 Like

Great news to hear they’re staying, I’m hoping to see a big nerf to the damage anointments (prob unpopular idea) to make others viable and shake up the meta. As it stands now they just feel like slag with extra steps to me

2 Likes

That’s good news. Also, for now I’m not really concerned with the amount of Anointments as I hope for Gearbox to make them all at least somewhat worthwhile. If, say, 70% of all Anointments are good or great to have or are worth building around, then I’m happy to sometimes find a dud that doesn’t fit my playstyle. It’s not that I couldn’t trade or send those items to friends anyway.

@Noelle_GBX

You definitely need to look at the M levels including enemies spawning in like the cartel event rather than lots of modifiers to make it more difficult. We’ve really really enjoyed the cartels even though we don’t go to the villa much anymore. I love the way the pressure on the battlefield changes without all the clutter and mess the modifiers bring. It made the proving grounds really exciting lastnight then when we went to xylourgos we had big monsters (khel vod’s?) spawning in as cartels and was really cool. Going to be gutted when this ends and were just left with mayhem 2.0

3 Likes

Hopeful you’ll get a rid of the rubbish ones like the airborne annoitment :wink:

1 Like

We’re looking at all of those threads!

4 Likes