An Update to Battleborn is Rolling Out Thursday, July 21st 2016

I didn’t say that I was happy, I said that I don’t care about the time they release the update because if I can’t play today I’ll play tomorrow.
You are the only user complaining about the time of the release, even the japanese users aren’t complaining when in Japan the patch release at 6 AM and if Gearbox change the hour another people will complain, just like you, making this a vicious circle changing it trying to satisfy other users again and again and again,etc.

Settle down. No need to start getting stabby.

Before this descends into anything which might lead to disciplinary action - drop it.

Time Zone’s will always be an issue and what if this one fell out of Gearbox’s control - there’s a few reasons patches are few and far between. (Price, platform restrictions, work hours etc).
Gearbox could have shipped the game and said stuff the updates but they didn’t, you’re not entitled to these patches at all, never-mind at a convenient time.

1 Like

Damn @Kitty_Jo you’re on the ball today - that’s twice you’ve ninja’d me so far.

1 Like

9/5 Fast Hands :bldualist:

4 Likes

Come talk with me here:

Most recent posts explain it all…

11/5 Chain Reaction; Get on my level. :wink:

2 Likes

But they could post UTC time

they could yes - they could also post GMT (which would be my preference).

This may help some, it may not - if it’s not you can always google the conversion’s which isn’t ideal but it’s better than nothing at least.

1 Like

There is no time difference between UTC and GMT. :slight_smile:

Ah, too many letters for me - dunno why they don’t just relate to GMT.

Seems pointless to have several different abbreviations for the same timezone.

6 minutes to go!

Okay its time! Why isn’t it updating? LOL xD

Update is live!

2 Likes

Oh Happy Day!

I don’t understand what the big deal is about the time zones. Gearbox is in Dallas TX so it only makes sense they would release it based off their timezone and at the most convenient time for them. What’s the problem? Do other countries consider timezones outside their own when putting out game or website updates or uploading videos on YouTube? Not many im sure.

Think about how it was before the internet and we didn’t have instant access to every single speck of the world’s time and time zones.

1 Like

Hasn’t hit PS4 yet :neutral_face:

GMT is a time zone officially used in some European and African countries.

UTC is not a time zone, but a time standard that is the basis for civil time and time zones worldwide. This means that no country or territory officially uses UTC as a local time.

1 Like

If you want to absolutely totally anal retentively semantic, they’re not actually the same time zone. UTC (Coordinated Universal Time or Universal Time Coordinated) isn’t even a time zone; it’s a “time standard”. GMT, however, is a time zone that happens to be used as the standard against which other time zones are compared (which happens to be synced with UTC most of the time, I believe, but not always).

Personally, I would like it if they put everything into UTC or at least referenced which time zone they’re specifically using in reference to UTC (e.g. where I live, it is currently Central Daylight Time, or CDT, which is UTC - 5) so that it can easily be converted instead of just assuming that everyone knows what the value for a given timezone is (most people should know their own timezone’s relation to UTC or GMT), much less whether they’re using Daylight Savings Time or not (which itself can vary from city to city and state to state; Phoenix, I believe, doesn’t use DST even though the rest of the state of Arizona does).

It is live on Xbox One!